64: Back to the Basics

The alarm clock going off woke me with a start and I bolted upright and smacked it off. Uhg I fell asleep in my clothes. I realized as I stretched and slowly let my senses come back to me.

The sight of Kale fast asleep beside me in his boxers made me jump from the bed.  I can’t believe I fell asleep! I looked down at him for a moment.  He actually was nice to me.

My mind wandered as I got into the shower. I finished, dried my hair, and got dressed in my school things.  By the time I left the bathroom Kale was no longer in my room.

I bounded down the stairs and out the front door. Please don’t be late. I thought nervously not wanting to see Kale. I didn’t know how to act around him after last night. He actually acted like he cared. Was it just an act?

My mind spun but the more than welcomed sight of Jakeson’s car pulling up to the house made me grin.

I sang along with his music as I opened the car door and smiled at him.

“Someone is in a good mood.” Jakeson laughed.

I shrugged. “It’s good music.”

“You left your mp3 player plugged into my system.” He motioned towards the console.

“I know. I figured you’d need a good music makeover.” I winked and unhooked it and put it into my pocket.

I looked over my shoulder as we pulled down the driveway in time to see Kale coming out in his school uniform a glare on his face.

It wasn’t until lunch that I saw Kale again.  He was standing in line a bit behind Jakeson and I as we got our trays. That’s weird. He usually beats us to line.

“Eating at the normal table again today?” Jakeson asked as I paid for him with a michevious smile. “I’ll get you back.” He laughed as he took our trays.

I nodded. “Yeah sounds good.”

We sat next to each other at the table and Spencer smiled from across the table. “Nice to see you chose to sit with us.”

I laughed. “I felt like being abused today.” I winked.

Brendon swooped in and leaned casually against me as he started working on eating his bag of m&m’s.  “Want some?” he offered holding the bag out for me.

I shook my head. “I don’t really like chocolate.”

“A girl who doesn’t like chocolate?” Jakeson asked sounding surprised and I looked over at him and laughed.

“Is that bad?”

“Are you sure you’re a female?” Frankie asked giving me a teasing look.