57: Retrieval

I crashed into Mike sending him to the ground.  IDIOT!!  My mind screamed in pain as I crawled to my feet. If shrugging is a bad idea so is tackling with that same shoulder dumbass.

“I belive that makes it our ball.” I said cutely as he got to his feet and grinned up at me.

“You weren’t lying when you said you like it rough.” He laughed as he tossed the ball to our quarterback, some guy they called Pitty.

I shrugged. “That’s how I roll.” I winked.  Why is it I’m so much more comfortable at this party then at Jakeson’s?

“SèClairèVè should consider putting you on their team, you’re faster than the defense they had last year.”

I laughed. “So what happened to your lip?” Mike asked after we finished the game and he and I headed to get some snacks. The party wasn’t as high end as Jakeson’s had been. There weren’t any guards and people just came and went as they pleased. The place was absolutely packed though and we had to squeeze our way through people.

“I got into an altercation.”  I shrugged. Stupid stupid stupid. No shrugging.

He raised an eyebrow and gave me a smile. “Chips?”

I nodded and he grabbed a few handfuls and put them into a white Styrofoam bowl.   

--Kales POV--

“I can’t believe you let her go.” Brendon said shaking his head.

“What was I supposed to do?”  I paced back and forth.  I should have stopped her. I can’t believe how fucking stupid I am.

Spencer jumped up. “I say we go get her.” 

“Let’s crash the ClayVontte’s party.” Frankie agreed.

Brendon sighed. “Do you know the address?” He got up and put on a pair of shades.

I shrugged. “I didn’t bother asking.”

“Jakeson would know.” Brendon said wipping out his phone and dialing.

“No!” I growled reaching for the phone. He jumped away.

Frankie held me back.  “I know you said that we can’t talk to her but look at it this way; if Rein dates one of the ClayVontte guys it’s going to look bad for you.“

--Rein’s POV--

I looked down at my phone.  New message from Jakeson? What does he want now? I already gave him the address so he should have no reason to freak out.