39: Behind Closed Doors

--Kale’s POV--

“Hey Kale we have a situation.” I turned to see one of the parties door guards behind me.

He’s a little far from his post. “Yeah?”

“There’s some guy Grass at the door trying to get in. He says he knows you?”

Uhm. . . okay wasn’t expecting that. “Nah. Is that it?”

The guard turned to leave then stopped. “Well there’s one more thing. He said I should tell you it has to do with your sister. I told him as far as I knew you had no sister but he insisted I tell you.”

Rein. “Okay I’ll get it.” I followed him through the crowd ditching the girl I had just been making out with moments before. This better be important.

“What is it?” I snapped at Grass the moment I spotted him and the guards let him past.

“Rein’s in trouble. Where the hell is she?” he growled looking around frantically.

“What?” I asked confused.

“She called me from Jakeson’s cousin’s room. Said she was changing. Then I heard a guys voice. She wanted the phone back but he just hung up and now won’t pick up any of my calls.”

Oh shit. “I know where that is I’m sure she’s fine.” But I had a feeling she wasn’t. “Let’s just look to make sure.” Grass followed behind me as I went up to the door and knocked.

There wasn’t a reply. I shrugged and turned to Grass. “Seriously?” he hissed at me pushing me aside to shake the doorknob. It was locked.

“Calm down I’m sure she’s just having some fun.”

“Awfully quiet for some fun.” He started pounded on the door harder than I had the first time. “Rein?” he called through the wood.

No reply. At all. Well that’s weird. “Maybe they’re sleeping?” I asked my heartbeat picking up as I whipped out my phone and dialed her number. A ringing sound came from behind the closed door.

“She’s still in there. What if she fell and hit her head or something?” Grass asked banging on the door again. “Rein can you hear me?” He called through the wood stopping his pounding.

“Go find Jakeson and tell him to get his happy ass up here with the key.” I ordered Grass pushing him aside as I started to pound on the door. He gave me a pissed off look but bounded down the steps to find Jakeson. “Rein come on it’s me.” I called through the wood.

“Kale!” it was Rein’s voice all right but it sounded muffled and distorted.

“Can you open the door?” I asked waiting patiently. There was no reply. I pressed my ear up against the wood of the door listening hard. Muffled sounds came and then it went quiet. “I’m coming in.” I announced as I lowered my shoulder and slammed it against the door.

The wood creaked but held. Where the heck is Jakeson with that key?! I lowered my shoulder and pushed again harder this time.  “Kale what’s going on?” Jakeson asked bounding up the steps Grass behind him looking as worried as I did. “Is Rein okay?”

“She’s in there alright but I think she’s hurt. Now where is the fucking key?!”

“There is none.” Jakeson said but he got beside me. “We have to break it.” We both lowered our shoulders and slammed up against the door causing the frame to splinter and let us tumbling in. I wasn’t prepared for what met my eyes.

Looking For Someone - Genesis