51: Liquid as Bitter as Truth

--Kales POV--

She’s laughing. Oh good. I don’t want to fight anymore. “Come on the water’s waiting.” I said giving her a big smile. And she’s in her swimming suit. I was worried over nothing. “Ladies first.” I made a gesture and the followed her down the steps.

My eyes didn’t leave her for a second. She’s so hot. Swimming was a good idea. It had been a spur of the moment decision. I’d spent the entire night going out of my mind with worry and when Jakeson dropped herself off I was too relieved to even be mad at her.

The water felt perfect with the hot sun on us as we swam goofing off and splashing each playfully. And we talked. Actual talking, none of the accusing stuff. About little things. How long I’d played football. If she had allergies. When she’d added the pink to her hair.

It was like I was talking to another human being, not just some girl. She’d smile and reply and listen even when I found myself answering much more in depth then I’d meant to. Even after all the stupid shit I had said she’d forgiven me already. I wasn’t sure whether to be pleased that I’d gotten back on her good graces or surprised that she was so easy to forgive.

It wasn’t until she got out of the pool that I had a problem. “Whats up?” I asked her as I swam towards the edge of the pool looking up at her. She’s so gorgeous.  Her body is perfect. What I wouldn’t give to be able to have her. Even though my thoughts surprised me I didn’t deny them. I did want her.

“I have to talk to Jared.”

It felt like I had been run over by a semi as I watched her rush off to that idiot on his lawnmower. What is her fucking deal with him? What does he have that I don’t? Nothing at all that’s what. He’s not attractive. He’s not wealthy. He’s not funny or smart. He’s nothing. I felt like punching a wall as I climbed from the pool and rushed inside.

I couldn’t stand to see her next to him. He’s not going to be her stepbrother in three months either. The words played around in my head and I sighed. I pulled a bottle of vodka from the cupboard above the fridge and carried it up to my room.

I swallowed. She is so oblivious to her affect on all the guys.

I took another big swig and my throat burned as it raced down. I’ve never actually had to talk them into anything and when I told them to stop talking to her it took hours. I actually had to threaten them.

Another big chug. What is so special about her?

My mind wandered as I downed the bottle in huge gulps my mind spinning.  She’s pretty and funny and sweet. When she smiles I have to smile too. She’s always polite and acts like an actual girl, not like the whores from school. 

But she still plays rough. Which is awesome. Not like the girls around here and their boring tanning. Like football. That’s so hot that she can play and not care how dirty it gets.

Besides, Rein’s never thrown herself at any of the guys. She could have almost any at our school. Heck Skylar took her on a fucking date. He never actually takes a girl on a date.  fucking Skylar. I let out a growl and drank faster.

She was a virgin until. . . until. . . oh god it’s all my fault. I invited him to the party. I was the one who had Miles come. If I hadn’t been staring at her he wouldn’t have noticed her.  I made her cry about it. I’m a fucking idiot.

I finished off the rest of the bottle swimming in a sea of self loathing.

What I've Done - Linkin Park