42: Up and Down

“What happened to your eye?” Skylar asked as I took my seat behind him in psych.

I looked up and smiled. “I’m a total klutz.” He cocked an eyebrow and I laughed. “Brendon took me rollerskating. Let’s just say that you shouldn’t try quads when you are used to inlines.”

He laughed. “I never learned to skate myself. But next time maybe you should wear some kneepads.”

I nodded. “I think I’ll be staying off of skates for a long while.”

-------

“Hey there stranger.” I greeted Jared as I took my seat across from him. “What’s got you looking so blue?”

He looked up and smiled as he took a bite of his sandwich. “I was just zoning out.”

“Gotcha.” I opened my milk bottle and took a drink. “So how is the deck going?”

He shrugged. “Just working on all the measurements. It’s slow going.”

I nodded and got to working on eating my salad. “Hey bug-a-boo.” Brendon greeted me as he took the seat beside me and grinned. “I see you’re eating healthy today, good girl.”

“Oh shut up mr all I eat is candy.”

He chuckled and munched down on his nerd rope. I don’t think I have ever seen him eat actual food. “So that thing I asked you about…?”

He nodded. “I took care of it as promised. I have a feeling you are going to be dealing with a very upset Kale soon.”

“Why?”

“Because I know Spencer won’t be able to keep his mouth shut.”

“Looks like whatever you guys were talking about Kale just found out.” Jared said his eyes glued to Kale as he made a beeline for our table.

“Shit. I’ll see you guys later.” I yelped as I got up quickly and rushed off.

It didn’t take Kale long to catch up with me however. He stopped me in the hallway pining me up against a locker. “When were you going to tell me.”

“I wasn’t.” I admitted.

“Why the fuck not?”

The angry tone to his voice made me flinch. “Because I knew this was how you would react.”

“We are pressing charges.”

“No, I am not.” I said stressing the I. “Now move.”

He kept me pinned against the locker pressing up against me. “Rein he can’t just get away with it.”