36: Dripping Wet

--Kale’s POV--

I watched from a distance as Jakeson’s friends from Lacette Academy eyed up Rein as though she were fair game. She is fair game. I reminded myself. “Who Is she?”

I looked over at Miles and shrugged. “My dad’s girlfriend’s daughter.”

“So why you watching her so closely?” he asked and peeked over at my shoulder. “Oh I see why. Damn she’s fine.”

I groaned. “Because I’m supposed to keep track of her. Father’s orders.”

“Don’t like her talking to them?”

“Doesn’t matter. Just making sure I know where she is.”  I shrugged and downed my drink.

“I’ll take care of them dude. What are friends for?” he nudged me with his elbow and headed off towards her.

What did I just do? I groaned out loud as Miles paused to talk to one of his friends on the way towards Rein.  “Ah fuck my life.” I groaned again as his friend and him both headed towards Rein splitting up halfway there.  What are they planning on doing?

--Rein’s POV--

“Hey Casey!” a guy yelled out not paying attention to where he was going as he collided with me. I lost my balance caught completely off guard and stumbled backward bumping into whoever was behind me. To my just wonderful luck my legs tangled themselves around the other person and I fell backwards straight into the cool water of the pool.

Smooth. Your first party and you just completely knocked a perfect stranger into the water. “Oh my god I am so sorry.” I breathed as I turned around, my hair clinging to my face as I waded the water around me looking for the poor person who had fallen victim to my clumsiness.

“It’s perfectly fine.” To my relief he chuckled from behind me. I hoisted myself up and out of the pool my clothes clinging to my body completely soaking wet. Way to wear a white shirt. I scolded myself as I turned to help my poor victim out of the water.

To my complete horror it was a total babe and I stared like an idiot in surprise as he lifted his gorgeous body from the water. “I am so sorry.” I repeated like an idiot.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s just a little water.” He flashed me a smile and striped of his shirt. Screw Brendon, I’m in love. His beautiful sturdy dripping wet chest held my eyes and I couldn’t look away. “It was my fault, should have caught you in time. The name is Miles.” He extended a hands towards me and I shook it.

“I’m Rein.” I blushed as I moved my eyes up to meet his. Snap out of it. The water must have gotten to your head.

“Well I guess that explains the wetness.”

“Are you okay?” Jakeson asked as he stepped up closely beside me. Oh yeah. Everyone else is still here dumbass. I thought a deep blush covering my cheeks upon realizing everyone I had just been talking to had seen the fall and were currently seeing my deep purple and black lacey bra through my soaked shirt.

I nodded. “Yeah just a little wet.”

“Hey Jakeson.” Miles greeted him with a competitive smile.

“Miles. Didn’t know you were coming.”

“Kale invited me.” He shrugged. “At first I wasn’t going to be coming but now I’m glad I did.” He beamed at me and the blush only deepened. 

Jakeson shot him a glare but turned his attention to me instead. “You should probably change your clothes.” He commented his eyes scanning me.

“That would be ideal. Too bad I didn’t bring a change of clothes.” I sighed.

Why is it that I would feel more comfortable in a swimming suit then I do with my bra showing through my shirt? I wondered as I shifted nervously. “I’m sure we can find something for you inside. My cousin has a room for when she stays during summer and she always leaves some things. Here I’ll take you up.”

“I’ll come with, it was my fault.”Miles offered and the glare that Jakeson shot him made me quiver.

“Here put this on first.” Jakeson said peeling off his shirt and slipping it over my head. Aww, he still has a wifebeater on.

I saw his hand move towards mine and I busied it with fixing my hair instead so he wouldn’t get the wrong idea. He took the hint and I followed him into the house, Miles close behind me.

“I think I’ll be fine on my own, thanks. I’ll be down in a bit.” I said once we reached the bedroom and I became aware of the fact I was alone with two guys.

The both glanced at each other before moving to go out of the room. “I’ll wait for you outside.” Jakeson offered as he hesitated with his hand on the doorknob.

I shook my head. “It’s your party. Go down and have fun.” His eyes darted towards Miles as I said this. “Go on down too Miles. I want to call my dad anyways so I’ll be a while.”

I pushed the door closed and waited until I heard their retreating footsteps. I dug through the drawers disappointed at what I found. Jakeson’s cousin was obviously a bigger size then me and it wasn’t until I had dug through every clothing item that I found clothes that would fit. To my dismay they consisted of a skirt.

What's Going Down - TobyMac