40: Beyond Control

--Kale’s POV--

Rein lay on her back her wrists tied to the bed of the frame. Her all clothes but a pair of underwear looked as though they had ripped off of her. Miles was on his hands and knees above her in the nude looking surprised beyond belief at our entrance.

But it was her face that my eyes couldn’t look away from; her bruised tear stained face. I snapped at the same moment Grass and Jakeson did the three of us lunging for Miles.

He fell easy and I climbed off of him as he put up a fight against Jakeson and Grass. Rein! I rushed to her side pulling the ripped skirt that had been shoved into her mouth out and untying her hands. She didn’t say a word just looked at me in shock as I scooped her in my arms hugging her to me.

Behind me I could hear the fight going on but it didn’t register as Rein began to shake in my arms crying hard as I held her gently, gently stroking her hair as I began to rock her. 

“Shhh it’s okay. I’m here.” I cooed in her ear as I reached forward and pulled one of the blankets up to cover her. “I’m here.” I repeated and couldn’t bring myself to look at her as she buried her head in my chest and cried clinging to me. Instead I looked over my shoulder as Brendon and Spencer came into the room.

“You guys are going to kill him!” Spencer cried out as he tried pulling Jakeson from where he stood holding a beaten Miles pinned to the wall as Grass threw punch after punch.

 “We need some help up here!” Brendon hollered down the steps so that the door guards could hear and four came bounding in. It took all four of them along with Brendon and Spencer to pull the steaming mad Jakeson and Grass from Miles.

“I’m going to take her to the hospital, my car is the fastest.” Brendon said as he pulled Rein out of my arms wrapped her in a sheet and picked her up carefully. “What hurts?” he asked softly as he carried her off and down the steps. I was too stunned to react as I looked into the faces of Jakeson and Grass as they struggled against the guards who were holding them back.

As I looked at Miles in a nude heap on the ground my nerves finally came back to me full force. “How could you leave her alone with him?!” I bellowed shoving Jakeson from behind anger seething through me.

“I didn’t!” he yelled back and shoved me his eyes still wild from the fight moments ago. “I brought him back down with me when she was changing but I wasn’t about to start hanging with him.”

Spencer stepped between us pushing us apart. “Guys don’t do this.”

“You’re the one who invited him in the first fucking place!” Jakeson yelled from behind Spencer’s outstretched arm pointing a finger at me. “It’s your fault he was here!”

His words hit me like a ton of bricks and my face fell. “I didn’t know. . .” I muttered trailing off. It’s all my fault.

“I don’t know about you two idiots but I’m going to see Rein.” Grass said after a moment of silence filled the room.

“I’ll take you. My car is faster than your truck.” I said as I turned left the room. I didn’t even care that he was just the stupid hick lawn boy. I wanted to get to Rein and I knew that if I came bearing him as a gift she’d accept me.

“I’m coming too.” Jakeson demanded as he pulled his keys out.

“What should we do with Miles?” Spencer called after us.

“Let the police deal with him.” I hissed. I had to get to Rein. I had to make sure she was okay. It was more than the fact my dad had trusted me to keep her safe and I'd failed him, it was that I'd failed her. 

Sleep - Stabbing Westward