55: Boys and Their Rivalries

“Here I have a solution.” I said after a moment. I climbed in the car sitting across all of their laps, my back resting on the closed door.  “Cops come and I’ll duck down into my knees.”

“That works.” Mike smiled adjusting the rearview mirror. He’s lucky I need a ride or I’d comment on the fact that right now he’d only be seeing my thighs with how he positioned it.

He pulled off. “So where are you headed?” Mike asked as he turned on some Hollywood Undead music.

“413 Raycrest Ridge Lane.” Kale said and I could hear the pissed off tone to his voice. Sorry dude. My bad I couldn’t find a car full of girls for you. I thought sarcastically.

“You guys were out running? That’s one hell of a run.” The one in the middle said flashing me a smile.

I nodded. “Yeah we got kind of carried away.”

“That’s some endurance.” Mike said turning to give me a wink.

“She has to stay in shape in order to kick the asses of any guys that pull anything.” Kale hissed.

What is his problem? “I get competitive with my brother.” I flashed a smile to make up for his rude tone.

“Well I’m Mike.”

“Pete.” The one in the middle said and I could feel his hand rest on my thigh. Kill me now god. Please?!

“Oatis.” The one who had moved from front to back said.

“Eric.”

“Well my name is Rein and this is my brother Kale.” I introduced us with a smile.

“Pharkerson?” Mike asked turning his gaze to Kale.

He nodded. “Yeah?”

“Well looky here boys, we have the SèClairèVè Academy quarterback riding with us.”

The boys in the back all glared at Kale. Am I missing something here?  “I thought he looked familiar.” Oatis said in a growl.

“Klaers.” Kale breathed looking like he was about to punch Mike in the face.

“Not trying to sound like an idiot here but; what’s going on?”

“You got us a ride from the ClayVontte Academy quarterback.” Kale said blankly turning to face me. “You could call them our school rivals.”

“Didn’t know you had a sister.” Mike said in a low voice.

“I lived with my aunt and just moved here a few months ago.” I lied. Boys and their rivalries. “You guys play football too? That’s awesome. I love playing football.”

As I had expected this caught them offguard.  “You play football?” Pete asked raising an eyebrow with a smile.

“Yeah I like playing rough. If it’s not rough it’s not fun.” I gave a suggesting smile to the guys as they looked at me.  Stupid Kale. If it weren’t for him I wouldn’t have to be doing this just to smooth things over.

“With the girls?” Mike asked.

“No!” I laughed. “They whine too much when you tackle them. I play with the guys. Maybe we can play for fun sometime.”

Eric smiled and Mike looked back at me grinning. “We definitely should.”

Kale looked like he was about to kill everyone in the car by the time Eric said “I guess everyone from SèClairèVè Academy isn’t so bad.” I’d been doing as much light talking as I could to keep Kale from opening his stupid mouth and getting us kicked out.

“There’s a party going on tonight at my place.” Mike said as he entered our neighborhood. “You should definitely come to it Rein.”

“Yeah give me your number and I’ll give you a call if I can go. I might have to work on my psych essay though.” No way am I going. I just have to keep the mood light until we get dropped off.

“One-“

“Does anyone have a pen? I didn’t have pockets in my shorts for my phone.”

Mike opened up the glovebox and pulled out a black pen. “Here you go.” He handed it back.

I wrote down his number on the back of my left hand. Yeah so going to wash this off the moment I get home. “Thanks.”

“Where do I turn?” Mike asked as he pulled down the long beautiful road that we lived on.

“Third on the right.” Kale grumbled looking like he was considering jumping out then and there.

Bitches - Hollywood Undead