47: Blastoff

“Where the fuck were you?” Kale’s voice caught me off guard and I nearly jumped. I hadn’t spoken to him since Monday when I had agreed to leave him alone.

“What?”

“I don’t want anything but an answer. Where were you?”

“I was with Skylar.” I replied still surprised as I looked back out into the hall.  Why does he seem to think my bedroom is his bedroom.

“What did you guys do?”

I shrugged. “I can’t remember. Now get out.”

Kale glared at me. “What do you mean you can’t remember?”

“It doesn’t matter. I don’t matter, remember?  So whatever I do means so little that I don’t bothering remembering it.” I smarted back.

He stood with his arms crossed a sneer on his usually handsome face as he eyed me up. “It matters because I couldn’t lock the door without you home. Meaning I couldn’t get to bed.”

“It’s only eleven. You don’t go to bed until midnight at the earliest. And it’s Friday night. You usually have plans.”

“You stalk me or something?”

“No I have to turn off the hall light after you go to bed every night. I can see it under my door.” I sighed not knowing why he seemed to be so obnoxious. I’d left him alone, why did he have to bother me? “Well enough of the chit chat. Get out.” I hissed the last part.

He didn’t budge. “Why don’t you make me?”

“What is this, fifth grade? Just get out Kale.”

He shook his head.  “I don’t want to.”

“What do you want then?” I demanded.

“I know what Skylar wants. Sex. That’s it.”

“Unlike you that isn’t all he thinks about. He hasn’t made a single sexual advancement towards me.”

Kale snickered. “Which is why you were all over him like some cheap whore at the beach Monday.”

How’d he even see me? He was busy the whole time. “Right because those bimbos you meet up with aren’t whores?”

“I get what I want and leave them. That’s what they are good for. That’s exactly what Skylar is going to do to you.”

I glared at him. What is his deal with Skylar anyways? “Whatever.” I finally muttered seeing in no point in arguing. I’d just come back from a fairly fun date with Skylar. We’d gone to see a movie and get a casual bite to eat at a diner. Nothing fancy like I’d been worried about. It almost felt more like a day out between friends.