49: Grow on Me

“Hey there.”

I spun around surprised by the voice. “Hi uh-“

“Mathhew.” He reminded me.  “Enjoy your shower?” he asked his eyes glinting as I stepped out dressed in a pair of Jakeson’s running shorts and a tee shirt. I had the feeling he’d decided it would be better for my mental stability not to grab me some of his cousin’s things and I was thankful for it. Oh god he thinks I slept with Jakeson.

“Yeah I just needed to shower after my run.”  I finished towel drying my hair and looked up at him as he gave me a cute smile. I guess good looks run in the family. “How’d you like your pineapple?”

“It was good. Nice and sweet.” His eyes scanned me.

“Where’s Jakeson?”

“He’s down in the movie room. Come on I’ll show you.” I followed beside him as he led me down the hall and down the stairs. “So you and Skylar huh?”

“What?” I asked.

“You and Skylar a thing now?”

I shook my head. “Where’d you hear that?”

“I heard Kale freaking out about it last time he was over.”

“Oh.” I sighed.

“So you and Skylar aren’t a thing?”

“Nope.”

“Jakeson’s going to be so relieved.”

I laughed.  “Why?”

“Because he hates him. So does Kale. And pretty much every single guy in our school.” Our school? He goes to the same school as me? I’ve never seen him in the hall. I thought about Mathew for a moment.

“How come?”

“Because all the girls are like in love with him. He wants a girl he gets her.  Same goes for Kale and Jakeson of course, but Skylar’s reputation covers more girls. And unlike them Skylar has never had a girlfriend. Ever.”

“Everyone keeps saying that.”

“It’s true. He’ll go on a date or two and then get some. Usually it takes him about a week.” He never seemed like that to me. “And seeing as from what I hear he’s been hanging around with you for like three weeks now I guess people just assume he’s getting some.”

I laughed at this. “I’ve barely even hugged him yet.”

Matthew looked over at me as we turned a corner. “Seriously?”

“Yup.”