24: From a Distance

“I’d just tell them the truth.” I said as I caught up to Jared only seconds before he had reached his truck.

He gave me a surprised look as he turned to face me, pausing with the door open. “What?”

“I would tell them the truth about it. You know, what you asked earlier. I’d feel better knowing that someone can accept me even with the pain of the truth. Those are the type of people I’d want to be around. People who can accept me no matter what.” I told him. Finally! That has been in my head all day thanks to you, you jerk. “But anyways I won’t keep you from helping your dad. See you around Jared.” I gave him a smile and walked back up towards the school doors. I had skipped stopping at my locker just to catch up with him.

“So you and Grass like a couple?” Jakeson asked me stopping me in my tracks as he leaned up against the door I was just about to open.

“Jared? No. We’re just friends.” I replied shifting my stance wondering where Kale was.

--Kale’s POV--

She looked so cute caught off guard that I couldn’t help but watch from a distance. “Yeah you can come over today, I’m sure that Rein has a swimming suit that you can borrow.” I replied absent mindedly to Sarah as my eyes stayed focus on Rein as she stood talking to Jakeson by the front doors.

“She’s coming too?”

I nodded. “She lives with me, remember?”

“Well she isn’t going to be swimming with us is she?” a hint of a whine coming to her voice as she asked.

“No I don’t think she’d want to.” I wonder if he’s her type. Doesn’t look like she has any problem talking to him. Had it been me she would have pushed me out of the way and gone in anyways.

“Invite Jakeson too.”

At this I turned to look at her. “Why would I do that?”

“Because I decided I want to meet her. If she’s going to be living in the same house as you I want to know what type of a person she is.” Girls; you fuck them a few times and next thing you know they think they own you.

“What does Jakeson have to do with it?”

“Well maybe if he swims then she’ll want to join us?” she asked in a bored tone. “Look I don’ know but can we go already? I didn’t get to see you all summer and I’m practically going insane right now.” Oh yeah that’s why I keep her around.

“Sure thing. I’ll go get Rein.”

“I’ll come with.” She pitched in with a happy squeal as she latched herself onto my arm.

“Sarah-“

“-we aren’t dating.” She finished for me. “Don’t worry I got it I got it.  Still can we get going? Please? I’ll make it worth your time I promise.” 

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss - The Bloodhound Gang