13: Have You Seen the New Girl

Singing with him calmed me down. To both of our approval Next Contestant by Nickleback came on and we both continued with our singing. Before I knew it we had pulled up to the school’s parking lot. As Jared pulled into his parking spot with ease I turned down the music laughing at the heads it had turned of students as we pulled up. He parked the car and removed the key from the ignition. People whispered to each other as he opened the car door for me and I climbed out ruffling my hair with my hand as I smiled up at him.

--Kale’s POV--

“Who’s that girl with Grass?”

“I don’t know I think she’s new. I know I’ve never seen her before.”

“She’s kinda hot don’t you think?”

I groaned as I walked through the crowd of people on the steps up to first building. “Can you believe this? She actually chose riding in his shitty ass truck over riding with me.”

Spencer made a disgusted sound as he unbuttoned the top button to his shirt. “Who is she anyways?” he asked me.

“Rein’s my dad’s friend’s daughter. She’s living with us until he’s done with her mom.” I replied as I winked at Tina as she caught my eye going past. She blushed and I turned back to him. “You would not believe how stubborn she is. It pisses me off.”

“She’s awesome at football though. I never thought I’d be tackled like that by a girl.” He chuckled as we approached my locker. “I liked it though. A rough girl is fucking hot especially since she doesn’t look like she’d be that way.”

I laughed and opened my locker, shoving my notebook inside of it. I pulled off my tie and tucked it in with it. “Oh hey Marissa.” I flashed her a smile as she opened the locker beside mine. “Looks like I get to be next to you all of first semester, lucky me.” I gave a small wink and the smile I brought to her face made me smirk. These girls are too easy.

“Hey Kale see the new girl yet?” Jakeson asked from behind me and I looked over my shoulder at him. Isn’t there anything better to talk about? I nodded. “Yeah I know hot huh?”

“What is she doing with a dolt like Grass? Isn’t he your gardener?”

“Yeah and she’s also living with me.” I shrugged as I closed my locker and leaned on it casually scoping out a few of the girls as they walked past causing them to blush or smile.

Jakeson looked surprised. “Nice. Then what’s she doing with him?” again I shrugged. Jakeson was equal with me on the social ladder, the only one of my friends who wasn’t a step beneath me. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I reminded myself. “There’s a party going on at my place next week-“ I watched as he scooped out the girls as they walked past “-you should totally get her to come.”

“I’ll see what I can do. She’s as stubborn as she is hot.”

Next Contestant - Nickleback