CHAPTER 32

Author's Note

Hi, everyone! I'm doing chapter dedications to those who are actively commenting and voting on my story. :))) So, if you want na i-dedicate ko sa inyo ang isang chapter or more, comment and vote lang kayo. :))) Thanks and God bless!

For questions, you might want to follow me on Twitter @shielafernando :)) Thanks and Advanced Merry Christmas! <3

*****************************************

Hindi ko na namalayan kung ano’ng oras na nang makarating ako sa Merlion Park. Marami pa ring tao rito kahit na halatang lumalalim na ang gabi. Hindi ako sigurado kung ano ang ginagawa ko rito ngunit ang tanging sinasabi lang ang utak ko ay mag-hintay ako.

Naupo ako doon sa hagdan sa gilid ng Merlion.

The view and the surroundings made me reminisce that day when Nelle decided we should go back to the Philippines and continue our College there.

FLASHBACK

April 16, 2012

“Pij, don’t you think it’s time we go back?” Nelle asked, breaking the silence between us.

I turned to look at her. Masyado nang malaki ang pinag-bago ng katawan at pisikal na anyo niya. Kung dati ay hindi mahahalata sa labi niya ang pagkakaroon niya ng cancer, ngayon ay hindi mo na iyon maitatanggi. Halos mawalan na ng kulay ang mukha niya at nagbibiyak-biyak na ang balat sa labi niya. Pero kahit na ganoon ay alam kong hindi pa rin ito nawawalan ng pag-asa, dahil na rin sa mga ngiti niyang nagbibigay ng lakas sa mga taong naka-paligid sa kanya.

“You want to go home already?” I asked.

She nodded and focused her attention on the Merlion. “Since hindi rin naman natuloy ang operations ko dito, I don’t think we still have the reason to stay.”

“Huh?” tanong ko, naguguluhan.

This time, she looked at me and giggled. “What are you thinking?”

I shrugged.

“Don’t you miss her?”

Nang tanungin niya iyon ay parang may kung anong kumurot na naman sa loob ng dibdib ko. I never liked this feeling. I inhaled heavily and sighed. “There’s not a day that I don’t think of her. And if you’re asking me if I miss her, I don’t. I don’t just miss her, Nelle. I miss all of her.”

Naramdaman ko ang pag-sandal niya sa balikat ko. “The more reason we need to go back.”

“So, you mean…”

“Yes. ‘Yon ang sinasabi ko kanina pa. We should go home… back to where your heart belongs,” she almost whispered the last sentence but I sure did hear it.

I know. I know it still pains her that I couldn’t return her affection for me—not in the way she wanted. But she was the one who pleaded I should tell her everything I feel.

“What if may iba na—“

“Shh,” she cut me off. “Hindi mangyayari ‘yon, Pij. I know Aaliyah.”

I chuckled. “More than I know her?”

Naramdaman ko ang pag-tango niya sa balikat ko.

“How can you say that when you have only been with her for, like, four times?”

“Because we both know you.”

“And?”

“And…” she paused. I felt her slow and heavy breathing. “And we feel the same thing about you. But don’t worry, I know her love’s greater than mine.”