Wake up?! Ch. 32

I walk to my inn and ad I walk into the building I start to feel a pain in my chest. It blooms like a flower but grows thorns and it climbs to my head. I grip the stairwell banister. Fresh tears drip down my face and I grasp my head, moaning in pain. I stumble into our room and ringing starts in my ears, Dashi slowly wakes up looking at me confused.
"...Y/n...?"
I don't respond and worry fills her eyes. When I look at her, I saw doubles, wavy doppelgangers.
"Gajeel! Lily!" She calls out, paws against my face. "Hurry! Please!"

Pressure builds up in my eardrums and my stomach squeezes into itself. I tuck into a ball and press my hands against my head. I feel my magic pulsating. I start to hyperventilate and my lungs struggle to keep up. My vision grows foggyer and I stumble into Gajeel. I feel his arms wrap around me, picking me up just as the world grows black.    

No one's pov.

Gajeel rushes her to the doctor and quickly calls Natsu.
"She's bad... passed out in my arms. The doc said something about her being in a coma-like state..."
He waits for Natsu's reaction and was met with silence. He can hear Natsu's ragged breathing on the other side of the line, but no words.
"I'm coming! Tell her I'm coming!" 
Gajeel nods and sits back down beside her. "Yah hear that? He's coming..."

Natsu quickly arrives and Gajeel excused himself. Natsu collapsed by Y/n's bed and he takes her hands and kisses the top of her knuckles.
"Please wake up... I need you to be here...." Natsu whispers sweet nothings to her. "Remember when I kissed you by the cherry tree? It was during the festival and you wear wearing cherry blossoms themed kimono. When I kissed you, you laughed you ass off. Apparently I was a horrible kisser... If you wake up, I might prove you wrong..."

He kept telling her stories until guild members start filling the hall outside. He walks out and Gray walks in. He grabs Y/n's packet and reads it out loud.
"Damn, N/n... You never could stay away from trouble, eh?" He grabs her hand and sighs. "I wish you could sing me a song... even if it's from some dumb Disney movie. I miss your voice. Come back to us, Y/n."
He watches her, scanning her sleeping face. His thumb brushes over her knuckles, biting his lip in thought as he silently worries about her.

Gray was followed by Lucy, who brought flowers. She set them at the night stand and sat in a chair by the bed. She looked at Y/n and sighed.
"I think I owe you an apology. I never meant for this to happen between us. I was jealous of you, and to be truthful... I still am. You have everything. Friends, family, even love. All around you is smiling faces and open arms. I wanted that and I was too blind to see I already had it... Wake up, Y/n. They need you."
And after Lucy was Erza. She came in and sits on the end of the bed. She smooths the blanket over and lays next to Y/n. Her arms wrap around Y/n and a lone tear drips down one of her eyes. She says nothing and just pulls Y/n closer to her. They sit there in silence until Erza gets up and walks out.
Once everyone had filed out, Laxus walks into the room. He trudges to the bed, halfway dragging his feet. He doesn't touch her, just looks at her sleeping state. A tear drips down his face and lands on her. It rolls down her cheek and over her scar. He flinches and bites his fist in a silent scream. His shoulders were visibly shaking and his hands trembled. A small whine escaped from his lips and he dropped to his knees.
"I-I'm sorry, Y/n. Why am I like this? It's always you that gets hurt. Always you that I hurt. I never meant anything I said. I think you know that, but you are probably sick of crying. I've made you cry too many times to count. It kills me every single time. If I can't let myself passed my walls, how can I let you? I can feel you scraping away at them, with smiles and touches. No matter how hard I try, I can't open up... I hate hurting you. It's impossible for me to make it up to you. You have to let me go, Y/n. And I'll do the same..."
Tears run down his face freely, Y/n's fingers aren't there to wipe them.
"I love you so much... Too much even. I know you feel the same. Our relationship isn't healthy when all I do is hurt you. That's why I'm ending it. It's not anything you did. It has nothing to do with the guy from Saber Tooth. I've been thinking about it since we started training for the Games. It's always been in the back of my mind... It's okay though. You're still young. Have fun, Y/n. Date around. Find someone who will love you as much as I do. F-Find someone who won't ever hurt you."
Laxus leans in and kisses her gently. He places his hands against her face and sigh.
"It's going to be hard, but who said love was easy... Just wake up, okay."
He walks out and almost runs into Master Mavis. She ignores him and walks into the room, closing door behind her. She walks up to Y/n's bed anf smiles. She touched Y/n's hair and face.
"Sleep well, Child. Bad things are ahead and the guild needs you here for them. The doctor believes that you have fallen into a coma that is stress induced... They are wrong. I know you can hear me, you heard everyone. You can feel me when I touch you as well. All of the magic in your body destroyed itself. At the moment, it's trying to rebuild itself to make it stronger. This was not your doing and I haven't met anyone with this ability in a long time... Not since Helia." Mavis Vermillion sits on the bed and kicks her feet in the air.
"Could it be that you're still in contact with her?... She called that move Sun Dragon's New Beginning. It destroyed every once of magic to make room for stronger magic in it's place. A purer form of magic, less diluted... It's supposed to be a slow process and the fact that you lost all of you magic so quickly put a huge strain on your body. Coma- like state... You'll be awake soon, but your pain will be excruciating. It would be beneficial for you to stay asleep for a while. Your spot on Team B will be taken by Juvia while you heal. She has already been notified..."
Mavis stands up and walks to the door. "I'll see you later, child. If you are in contact with your mother... Tell her I said hello and thank you. Tell her I miss her."