Reckless?! Ch. 38

I wake up in the middle of the night to a ringing in my ear. I open my eyes and see Sting still fast asleep next to me. I smile softly but freeze when I see something move in the corner of my eye. It was a small movement, like a shadow. I hold my breath and carefully unwraped Sting's arms from around me. He groans but settles down quickly.
Grabbing my blade, I make my way towards were the moment went. My eyes scan for an intruder but I find nothing. I go walk back to bed, but my eyes get caught on a small piece of paper, tucked into the door frame. I struggle to release it, but eventually get it free. I squint my eyes to read the words in the dark, and frown.

Y/n L/n,
I know what you're looking for and I happen know where it is. At 2:22, meet us at the edge of the city, by the pond. I'll be waiting. Oh, and make sure to lose the boy. Come alone, only you can make it to the resting place of Dragon's Soul. And tell no one, in case they try and stop you from coming.
See you in an hour,
The Prophet

I glance at the clock... It's 1:59... That gives me almost half an hour to get ready... I glace at Sting and grab my gear. I look around for a peice of paper and scribble down a note for him.

Sting,
Someone called, The Prophet, left me a note saying they know we're my necklace is and I'm going to meet up with them. I know it's stupid and reckless, but you don't know how much that necklace means to me. I'll be back as soon as I can. We're meeting at the pond at the edge of town, so if anything happens, check there. And if it comes to that, make sure to tell my guildmates. They'll help.
See you soon,
Y/n

I place it on the table and slip into the shadows. I get changed there, so I don't make noise. I pull on my sword and grab my phone. I slip out of the door, silently. Sprinting down the halls, I check my phone again. 2:16. I pull the shadowy night sky around me and make one huge jump. I land close to the pond and my eyes scan for 'The Prophet.'
A dark figure sitting under a Willow catches my eye. I walk over to them, hand resting on the hilt of my blade. Once I am close enough to see the the pull themselves off the ground I get a good look at their face. Dark hair framed their face and bright yellow eyes glowed from under their hooded cloak. They raised their hand in greeting and I glare in response.
Once I reach them, they drop their hood and smile at me.
"Oh! Come on, Y/n. No need to be so aggressive. It's just me."
I keep my tense posture and glare at the man. "Who are you?"
He flinches and gives me a pouty frown. "You don't need to yell at me, and put that sword away. You're scaring Hector."
He waves his hand in the direction of Hector, but I see no one. I glace at him, and he just grins at me. Great, I'm here alone with some sort of mad man...
I smile at him back and sheath my blade. I pull my hair tie out if my hair and drop it on the ground, letting my hair loose.
"So, you have something of mine?"
He giggles and claps his hands. "Ah, yes! That is why you're here, isn't it? Now, were did I put the blasted thing...?"
He runs his hands along his cloak and his eyes look to the right of me.
"Hector! Do you know where I put it?... No! I didn't leave it at home... I did? Well, we'll have to go and get it then!"
He grabs my arm and pulls me with him. "We must hurry, Hector doesn't like it when we dilly dally."
He leads my through a thick forest, humming to himself. He talks gibberish and cackles randomly at something 'Hector' said. I nod and smile whenever he talks to me. I keep running my fingers through my hair, letting out loose strands.

We reach an old shack and the man grins widely. "Welcome to my palace. Come on in and make yourself at home."
He opens the door and lets me inside. I scan the room and take in the cobwebs and debry pushed to the side. I hear a click and glance back at the man. He had his back turned to the door and I see a key flash in his hand. My eyebrow twitches and I pull a smile on my face.
"Is it okay if I set down?" He giggles and nods.
"Please do! Hector will make you some tea!... Well, he would if he had hands..."
I smile at him and set on a dusty chair, close to the door. I watch his searching around in drawers and cabinets as he talks to himself.
"Oh... Come on, Cicero... Come on... Where is the.... Where is it?..."
I tap my fingers against the arm rest. "Cicero? Is that your name?"
His head pops out from under his bed. "Yes! I'm Cicero and you are called Y/n. Pleasure to meet you."
He mumbles a few other words of nonsense and hits his head on the bed frame. "Oh! Who put that there? Cicero will make tea... Yes, hold this for Cicero... Hector can't, so you must."
I take the bracelet from him and it slips around me wrist. I stare at it and Cicero claps.
"Oh! Did Cicero do that right?... Aww, Y/n can still drink tea. Right, Hector?"
I claw at the bracelet and glance at Cicero. He was bent over the fire, string the water in a pot.
"I hope Y/n likes herbs... Cicero puts lots and lots of herbs in his tea... It helps with the voices."
Aw, shit. He hears voices...
I try to stand but I couldn't move from the chair. I struggle as much as I can and Cicero giggles.
"Is Y/n stuck? Y/n sat in a trap, did she?"
I glare at him and his crazy smile fades into a menecing frown.
"Don't look at me like that, Y/n. I didn't mean for you to sit there. That was supposed to be for your friends if they come searching for you. But, since you've been so kind as to set it off, it'll be for you... For now at least."
His expression lifts back into a gleeful grin and his eyes flicker to my left.
"Did Cicero do it? Is Hector pleased with Cicero?"
I try to speak but it felt like something was holding down the words. Someone places a hand on my shoulder and I whip my head at them. An old man with grizzled gray hair and droopy golden robes stared down at me with a grim smile. His eyes were sunk into his head and his hair was patchy in places. I blink at him in confusion. Cicero breaks into giggles and skips in place.
"Oh, goodie! Master Malcolm has come to visit! Do you see what Cicero has done? Cicero has captured Y/n, just like what Hector asked... Why won't Hector come out? Cicero wants him to meet Y/n."
Malcolm? I freeze and feel his grasp on my shoulder tighten.
"Oh, Hector will come to play later... For now, let's play with her without him..."