Heart to Heart! Ch.5

Y/n pov.

I groan as I stretch my legs and arms. I roll my body off the couch and land on the ground with a thud. My hands groped the ground, searching for my salmon-haired friend.  My fingers quickly landed on his head. I run my hand through his hair and played with it along the back of his neck. He stirred and turned so he was facing me. He mutters about chocolate spaghetti and settles down. I release my breath and settle next to him. I lay there for a few minutes savoring all of his warmth, then I smirk and flip my body over his and lay on top of him. He jolts awake and quickly sits up.
"Hey! What did you do that for, N/n!?" He exclaims, pushing me off his lap. I smile at him and nudge his side.
"We always used to get up this early. Remember? We need to be the first ones to the guild to get a good quest right?" I ask, pulling myself off the ground.
His eyes light up and he rushes to the bathroom. "I'll take a quick shower and you can start breakfast. You can hop in the shower after you're done." He yells from the bathroom.
I skip to the kitchen and roam through my fridge deciding what to make. My eyes land of the biscuits and I quickly realized exactly what to make. Donuts.
I pull out the oil and the raw biscuits dough. As I boil the oil, I punch the dough into circles and pinch a hole in the middle. I drop them into the oil, pulling them out once the turn golden brown. I then roll them in a cinimmon sugar mixture and put them in a bowl.

As I finish up, I feel arms around my waist and someone fitting their face against my neck.
"Y/n? I missed you..." Natsu breathed against my neck, "I-I thought you were dead. Tadashi and I, we became closer, you know. After you left... She helped a lot. Happy is very attached to her now... When I saw you yesterday, I lost it, ya know? It felt like I was holding my breath for five years and then I finally was able to breathe. But you left... You left..." He mumbled into my ear, repeating his words softly over and over again. His voice cracking.
I frown and turn around so I'm facing him, he doesn't let me out of his embrace. Wow, Natsu doesn't normally get this serious. He must be really shook up.
I look up and study his face. His hair was wet and it stuck against his face. His mouth, slightly pulled down to a frown. He felt my gaze and slowly opened his eyes. Soft brown eyes met my gold ones, and I notice the red tint in his. I lift my hand up and hold it against his cheek.
I wipe the bottom of his eye and whisper under my breath, "I didn't want to leave, Natsu. I had to. I had to find it. It wasn't supposed to take that long... Only a year... That's what I told Tadashi. I told her if I wasn't back in a year then I was probably never coming back."
I began to break down, as tears form around my eyes too. "It was all a waste too. I wasted five years of my life searching  for something that is lost forever and training for something I can never become. Five years... Five whole freaking years I could have spent with the team. I missed five years of eating with Erza. Five years of fishing with Happy. Five years of teasing with Gray. Five years without holding Tadashi. Five years without you." My voice breaking at the last words, tears falling down my face like a waterfall now.

He looks at me stunned. He slowly raises his hand, almost hesitantly, and rests it on my face. He wipes away the majority of my tears and pulls me in tighter, crushing me against his chest.
"You know what, Y/n?" He grins at me, showing me his teeth. "That just give us more of a reason to spend time together. Go take a shower and so we can be the first ones to the guild." He releases me and gently shoves me to the shower.

A quick look
Into Natsu's mind

What Y/n said really struck me hard... I hate to see her like this so I decided to change the subject. I took all of me to let her out of my arms, but I figured it would make her feel better to do something else. She walks to the bathroom and closes the door behind her. I shake my head and inhale through my nose. My eyes widen at the scent of fresh donuts. I take 3 and save plenty for her and the team.

Back to Y/n's pov.

I stand it the shower and let my mind wonder. I try to picture my "brother" but his face is blurry and I can't seem to make out the details. His name almost on the tip of my tongue. I grunt in frustration. All I seem to remember is Da...well... his voice mostly. My anger fades as I put together the picture in my mind.
The smoke like shadows that encase his body, his paw like feet. I remember his deep voice and the name he used to call me...Kit... All of the sudden a blinding golden light flashes across my thoughts, wiping my mind clean and I'm left with no memories at all. Tears began to reform around my eyes, so I agressively wipe them away. Don't be stupid Y/n. He's gone, just like your brother...Gone... I tell myself. I shrug my sadness and frustration away and finish my shower.