Tears!? Ch. 14

A.N.~ I drew a picture of Laxus and I think it turned out pretty okay. I'm horrible at mouths, but I think I am good at drawing hair. That's one of my favorite things about Laxus. He has great hair.

I wake up and slowly lift my head. I squint my eyes and search for Laxus. Thank goodness he didn't fall asleep in my room... I stretch and pull myself off the bed. My foot lands on something soft and fleshy and I trip and fall on top of it. "Damnit, Laxus! WTF are you doing on the ground?" I say, trying to untangle our limbs.
He groans and slowly opens his eyes. He stares at me and a smile slowly forms on his face.

"Hey there... When did you drop in?" He asks, pulling my blankets off the bed and gathering them against himself.
"You are starting to develop some creepy habits, sir." I say, trying to get my blankets away from his iron grip.
We play tug-o-war until he sighs and lets go.
"Honestly, I didn't want to leave you alone after what happened last night." He looks up at me, concern filling his face. "What happened?"
I look away and take a deep breath. "I started developing a huge fear of thunder about a year and a half after I left. I trained with an old mage. His name was Malcolm; he never told me his last name. He was a hands on type teacher and he preferred to teach in specific situations. The worst was thunder night. That was one of my first training nights." I close eyes and try to recall my memory.

Flashback

I wake up to Malcolm pounding on my door. I sit up, still groggy, and call out to him.
"What wrong, Master?"
He opens the door and glares at me. His grey mane was soaking wet. His normally loose golden robes hung tight against his frail frame.
"Get the hell up, child. Do you hear that?"
I sit still and hear huge crash of thunder. It shook the building and I got out of bed.
"Are we in danger? Do we need to evacuate?" I ask, pulling on my sweatshirt and sneakers.
"No, we are not evacuating. We are going to use this storm to make you stronger."
I freeze and look up at him with wide eyes. "Make me stronger? We're going to train during the storm?"
He nods impatiently and grabs my arm.
"Let's go! The storm is coming and it's not going to last forever."

He leads me down the winding stone hallways of our home. The random streaks of lightning lit up the dark rooms and the crashes of thunder filled the silence. We stop in the courtyard and Malcolm puts me in the middle.
"Stay here, child. Work on the move I talked about yesterday. Don't stop until I say."
He turns on his heels and walks to the safety of the porch. I stand in the pouring rain and try to gather my energy. My body starts to glow, but the rain quickly extinguished the frail attempt. I sigh and try again. This time the glow lasted longer, but the ending was the same.
"It's not working!" I call out to my master. "The rain keeps putting it out!" I wait for a response but nothing comes.
"Master?" I call out again.
No response.
I sigh and try again. After around thirty minutes, standing in the rain, my body erupts into it's full glow. The flames roar around me, the rain was now useless against my fire. I smile and call out to my master.
"Master! I got the first part!"
His head pokes out of the door and he glares at me.
"Well hurry, child! Stop wasting time." He shouts at me.
I flinch and loose my concentration. The flame slowly flickers out and I groan in response. Malcolm rushes out and throws a lightning bolt at me. It strikes me and I collapse on the ground.
"Now, do it again. Next time you fail, the bolt won't be so small." He spits, walking back to the house.
I struggle to stand up. I eventually got to my knees and tried to concentrate again.
Come on, Y/n. You need to do this! Don't make Master Malcolm angry. I don't like it when he's disappointed. I don't want him to shock me again.
Thunder crashes again and I flinch losing my concentration again. Malcolm comes back out and throws another bolt at me.
This time it hits my shoulder and I braced for the enpact. This happens for about an hour and it's taking all of me just to stand. I close my eyes, trying to stop the tears. My body starts to heats up with energy and I open my eyes. I was covered in a roaring flame once again, but this time the flames where gold. They licked the air and evaporated the rain all around us.
Just say it, Y/n. Release it. You can do it. You need to do it.
My face relaxes and my eyebrows pull into a glare.
"Sun dragon's Solar Flare!" I scream to the sky, glaring at the purple clouds and cursing the loud thunder and the bright lightning.
I let go of all my energy and send it all around me. The fire shoots out and burns everything in it's path. The rain stops and the clouds disperse. My body was completely drained and I collapse onto the pavement. My head grows foggy and my eyesight darkens.
I hope Master is pleased.
I pass out, oblivious to the distruction my fire caused. Including the smoldering crater I was laying in.