When You Were Gone! Ch. 20

A.N.~ Lmoa, Since you've been gone just got stuck in my head... Great! This chapter starts after Laxus left, so don't be confused!

Y/n pov.

I stood in front of my mirror, giving myself a pep talk.
"You can do this, Y/n. You just need to tell him... Just tell him. You can do it! Just throw it out there, quick. Like riping off a bandaid..." I shake away my nerves and walk out of my room.
I meet up with Natsu in the living room and I sit down on the couch, playing with my bracelet. He follows in suit and looks at me confused.
"You said you wanted to talk about something, Y/n?"
I nod and grab a pillow. "I wanted to tell you what happened when I was gone. I wanted to talk to you about it."
He turns to me with a rare, serious expression. "You can tell me anything, Y/n." He says, grabbing my hand. I let out a small laugh and take a deep breath.
"You know my old necklace?" He nods. "Well, I was originally looking for it. My mom gave it to me. I think her name was... For some reason I can't remember anything about her... But that's a different story. I found myself way up North, in the mountains. A villager told me something about an old hermit having a necklace that fit the description. It took me a while, but I found the hermit. His name was Malcolm. He was a very old man, long grey hair. He always wore golden robes and under those robes I thought I could almost see my necklace. I told him my story, but I never told him what I was looking for. He told me he was a preist, under a sun goddess named Helia. He never talked much about his god, but he offered to train me. He said that I was a Sun Dragon Slayer as well as a Shadow Dragon Slayer too."
Natsu nods, "That makes sense now. I wondered why you started to use Sun Slayer moves."
I nod and continue. "We trained for three and a half years. He was a tough teacher, but I learned a lot from him. He taught me all sorts of dragon moves, as well as sword play and different fighting styles. Toward the end of our time together I asked him how he knew so much about my dragons. He laughed me off saying that he could just tell. The feeling of suspicion never left me. He taught me a move called Sun Dragon's Prophecy. Apparently, the sun is closely connected to the future."
Natsu stares at me in shock. "You're telling me, you train with this mysterious old man, who taught you all kinds of stuff, including how to tell the future! And all I can do is eat fire?! Why does this seem so unfair!?"
I laugh. "Natsu, you can eat my sun flame. Just like you ate Laxus's lightning. You can easily harness my power too." He relaxes a little and lets me carry on with my story.
"Well, I used the move and I saw everything. I saw my past. I have a little brother, who's name I can't remember, who's face I can't remember. I saw Da, my father. I even saw my mom. All of these images I saw, I can't remember now. It's like a dream I had. I remember the idea, but not the details. Then, I saw some of my future. I saw Master Malcolm with my necklace. I saw Laxus destroying the guild. Erza was laughing with a man with a tattoo around his eye. I saw Lucy laughing with you guys. I even saw Gray bundled up with winter coats and thick pants."
Natsu laughs. "That doesn't sound like Gray!" I laugh with him.
"I'm still struggling to figure out that one. I saw you too. You with Igneel." Nastu freezes and looks at me.
"You saw Igneel? I was with him?" I nod.
"Yeah, We all were with our dragons. Gajeel, You, Me, this blue haired girl, a honey blonde man, and a dark haired man. We all had our dragons back." Natsu grins and throws his arms around me.
"I knew it! They are still alive! We get to see our parents again, Y/n! When? When can I see Igneel?"
I sigh, "That's something I can't say. I don't know when any of this will happen. I don't even know of it will happen. The future is always changing. It's never set in stone."
Natsu nods slowly. "I will see Igneel again. Wether it's in the future or not."
I laugh and relax into the sofa. "That's the spirit... After I saw all of that, I confronted Malcolm about it. He was angry, throwing things at me. Books, scrolls, anything he could grab. He was screaming at me. Calling me a monster, a demon. I scared him. After all of the things he did to me. All the scars, all the bruises. I scared him... And that made me happy. I smiled at him and asked for my necklace. 'Where is it?!' I asked, yelling at him. He grabbed it from under his cloak and held it. He covered it with his hands and it started glowing. There was a flash of light and then it was gone. His hands where empty. 'Where is it?!' I yelled at him. 'What did you do to it?!' He just stood there with a smug exspession. 'I gave it to someone who needs it more than you. You are an abamonation. Only Helia should be able to do that spell. Get out of my house. Leave now.' Then I left, I ran from that hell hole. I ran to the nearest shadow and jump to the train station. I had to get home...I had to tell you guys. Then I realized something... What if I was too late. I left Tadashi with you. I was only supposed to be gone for a year and it had been five. I didn't think you guys were going to forgive me. I came back empty handed...Nothing to make up for my absence, only knowledge." I take a deep breath and exhale.
"I just wanted to let you know, you're one of my closest friends. I love you, Natsu. You've been my best friend from the start. We've been each other's side kicks. I want you to know, Lucy is a good person. I could grow to like her. I can accept your relationship with her."
His hands tighten around mine. "What do you mean, my relationship with her? We are just friends. I never said anything about dating her. Is that why you haven't been hanging out with us? Because you don't want to come in between me and Lucy?"
I nod, confused. He laughs and pulls me in for a hug. "N/n, you don't have to come in between us. It's always been us. Lucy's never going to change that. I need you to be there for me. You don't have to watch from the side lines. You can be right next to me. "
I stare at him. "Do you love me, Natsu?"
He blushes and turns away. "I've always loved you, N/n. It's... just hard. I know what Laxus is to you. I know how you feel about me. I can't change that."
I smile. "Thank you... For everything. You've always been there for me."
He smiles and nods. "It's not a big deal. I can't think of anything I'd rather do."
I pull myself off the couch. "How bout we go on a quest?"
He jumps off the couch. "Now that, is a good idea!"