Grudges?! Ch. 41

Lucien and I talk for longer until Cicero starts to get impatient. Lucien's hand flys up and slaps across his face and Lucien takes it full force. He glances at me while holding his hand down.
"I have to go now, Y/n. Cicero doesn't like to stay away for Malcolm for long.... And Malcolm will get suspicious if I stay here talking to you.... I'll bring you food soon. See you later."
I nod and he picks himself off the cot and walks out of the cell, shutting and locking the door.

Once he leaves, I search my brain again, trying to find my bond with Rouge. It was like trying to find a crow in the night sky. I was reaching a figuritive hand into my brain and feeling around blindly. I couldn't seem to find it again. I lay there, my body too stiff to move properly, too much in pain to think. My eyes grow droopy, probably from blood-loss, and I pass out.

I here someone approaching and my eyes blink open. Through my heavy lidded gaze, I see Lucien balancing a tray of food on his head and his arms were full of clean bandages and clean water. I groan as I prop my head against my pillow. He sets the tray on the floor and sets the water glass against my lips. I gulp the water and he accidentally poured a little down my face. I laugh at his horrified exspession and he helps me set up. Once he places the food tray on my lap, he starts replacing my bandages in silence. I watch his concentrated face as he tied the final knots.
"Hey... Are you okay, Luce?" I ask, touching his cheek.
His eyes flicker to mine and tears start to drip down his face. My arms try to wrap around him, but the pain stops me from doing it completely. His head rests against mine and I whisper words of comfort to him.
"Shhh... It's okay, Luce.... It's okay..."
Once his tears slow, I wipe the remaining ones, just like what people have done for me.
"What's wrong?"
He clears his throat and almost starts to cry again.
"N-No.... I can't tell you..." He says in between sobs. "Malcolm will be mad..."
I pet his hair in silence until he grows quiet.
"I know were your friends are... Malcolm wants me to lead them away while he finishes up with you."
I nod slowly and carefully. "It's okay, Luce. Instead of  leading them away, lead them here. I'll be okay."
He shakes his head and grabs my hand. "No, Y/n. Cicero is going to take over any minute now. He will lead them away from here. I won't be able to do anything but watch...."
I shake my head at him and narrow my eyes sternly, "No. Lucien Hisuke, listen here. You can fight him, I've seen you do it before. It's mind over matter. Even if it's for a minute, that's all the time you need to tell them."
I look him in the eyes and smile encouragingly. "I believe in you, Luce. You can do it."
He nods slowly and takes my empty tray. "Thanks, Y/n.... I gotta go soon, hang on a little while longer, they'll be here."

He leaves quickly without another word. My farewell falls falls in the silent air. I lay myself back down and nod off into a sleep like state. All of this sleeping dulls the pain a little. Once again I'm awoken by another noise. This time, Malcolm's sneer fills my vision instead of Lucien's sweet grin.
He unlocks my cell and yanks me from my cot. I hiss in pain and some of the stitches in my stomach rip. He slams me on the table and my head bounces off the corner, making me light-headed and my vision grow cloudy. I feel him strap me down on my stomach and this time Cicero wasn't here to stiff a towel in my mouth.
"Let's make this one a demon... Yes, just like you..."
He drags the knife along my back and I scream in pain. I feel each curve and angle. He harshly wipes the blood away after each section of his "reminder." He starts again, retracing his previous lines.
"Now, you came here wanting you damned necklace... You don't know where it is, do ya?"
I groan in response and he laughs as he digs the blade into my skin.
"It's been quite close actually... Cicer- Oops sorry, Lucien has had it on him this whole time..."
My body tenses even more and I glare at him.
"Well... Not on him. More like in him. What do you think gave him Cicero. Not me, all I did was place the damned thing I him and then all the sudden it's like he grew another head..."
He presses the knife in harder.
"It's not like I care, I prefer Cicero over Lucien anyway. Lucien is to childish and Cicero never disobeys orders."
He goes quiet for a while, until he moves on to the back of my thigh.
"Ah... Here would be a great place... Now, would you like me to carve you a Fairy?... That would be fitting, no?" 
He plunges the knife into my leg and a scream pierces through my body. Each cut, each stab, fades into one. Pain engulfs my body until I can no longer hear Malcolm hissing in my ear. Luce... Where are you?... My eyes grow heavy and the last thing I see is the door slam open.

A.n.

(ノ• O•)ノ彡┻━┻
┗me flipping a table.
We are approaching the end of this story! *Insert cries of disappointed and disapproval* But, hey! It's okay. The next chapters are going to be different endings. Choose you favorite character and read their ending. Or read them all, your choice... And if you're wondering, "Hey, Author-chan. Whatcha gonna write next?" As I previously mentioned, I'm going to write a Kakashi x Oc. I drew some art for it and it should be a quality fanfic, so keep an eye out for it. Love you all and thanks for the support!
~Mira