The Thunder Legion?! Ch. 15

Last time~
He sighs and looks at me in the eyes. "You were the one that got away, because I was the one that let you go."

Y/n pov.

My breath hitches; my mind races for what felt like hours. Laxus grabs my hand and kisses it. He looks at me with a serious expression. His eyes burning with emotion.

"I'm not making that mistake again. I promise."
I take a shaky breath and all I can do is nod slowly. He smiles softly and leans closer. Is he going to kiss me? I freeze and lick my lips subconsciously. When he is almost there, he hesitates, bringing his hand to my face. His thumb runs circles around my cheek.
"Laxus?! Where are at!?" A male voice rings out in air. "Are you in the guest room?... Ah, there you ar-"
A guy with green hair and stares at us with wide eyes. I pull away from Laxus and spring to my feet. My face was on fire and I start to stutter an explanation.
"I... He... We... It's not what it looks like!" I spit out.
The green haired man stares at me, still in shock. Laxus chuckles and rises to his feet slowly.
"Hey, Fried. I wondered when you guys were coming over. I was checking to see if Y/n had an eyelash in her eye. It was really bothering her. See? It made her face and eyes all red." He smoothly explains.
Damn, that was quick thinking.
Fried nods his head slowly. "Oh, that makes sense. Brixlow and Ever are in the living room. Probably fighting over the chips that you left out."
Laxus nods and starts out the door. He stops and turns back to me.
"Y/n, get dressed and ready. Then meet us on the living room." He smiles and shoots me wink as he closes the door.

I turn and search to find my clothes. I grab my necessary leggings. Should I wear a t-shirt or something a little fancier? I want to made a good first impression. I search for a specific shirt I had in mind. Yeah, this will do. It was a gray long sleeve top, with golden vines that ran along the hem and up the shirt. The vines twisted themselves around my waist and all the way up to my left arm. They spun around the arm and ended at my hand. They were beautiful and dangerous; their thorns sharp. Kinda like me... I laugh and pull on my maroon hightops. I pull my hair up in a messy bun and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

No one's pov.
(In the living room)

Fried sat on the sofa next to Evergreen. Brixlow was spread out on the ottoman, legs and arms stretched out. Fried was the first on to speak after Laxus's speech.  He propped his head on his hands and leaned in.
"So... You're telling me, We are accepting a new person into the Legion? Someone that we don't even know?" He asks, honestly curious.
Laxus narrowed his eyes and stares down Fried. "Is there a problem with that? She isn't someone we don't know. I grew up with her and you will get to know her soon enough." He said, crossing his arms.
Fried raised his eyebrows and his hands in mock surrender.
"It's okay that she joins. I'm just trying to understand why. Does she know about our plans?" He says.
Laxus looks like he is going to lose his temper and Evergreen steps in.
"I'm excited to have another girl in the tribe. I can't wait to get to know her. I heard she was raised by two different dragons. She is, supposably, very powerful. Her magic is comparable to a saint's. She can definitely help us succeed." She gushes, grasping the couch in excitement.
Brixlow props himself on his elbows.
"As long as she is single and hot. If she is... then you have my vote too." He mumbles.
Laxus scowls at him.
"It should not matter if she's single or not! And we are not taking votes! She is joining and you are going to suck it up. She doesn't know anything yet. I'll tell her later... " He spits out, turning on his heels.
He walks to the bathroom and knocks on the door. "Hey, Y/n. Are you almost done? We are ready for you." He asks.
The door opens slowly and Y/n's head peeks out. She looks up at him and grins.
"Yeah, I'm ready. But, Sparky..." She starts, her voice lowering to a whisper, "Are you sure they're going to like me?"
He laughs and shrugs..
"I'm sure you'll be fine, Sparkles. Just be yourself and they'll be sure to love you."
She nods and takes a step out of the bathroom. "Let's do this." She says, walking to the living room.

Y/n's pov.

I take in the sight of the tribe lounging on Laxus's sofa and ottoman. The guy from before, with the green hair, looks at me reading my every move. That is Fried. There was a girl... Cross that, a woman sitting next to him. Her face was lit up with a smile, her hands griped the couch in excitement. That must be Evergreen. The male on the ottoman just stared at me. His face held no expression... Brixlow.I smile at them and wave shyly.
"Hello, I'm Y/n L/n. I'm excited to get to know all of you and I'm greatful for you for letting me join the Legion."
Evergreen rushes to me and wraps her arms around my shoulders.
"Oh, look at you! You're so beautiful! Yay! Another woman in the Legion, I can't express how grateful I am to you." She says, and then turns to Laxus. "And how I'm grateful to you too. Where did you find such a beautiful creature? She looks like a Fairy! Just like me! Oh, my gosh! She can be a Fairy Princess!"
I blush and Laxus shrugs his shoulders and looks away.
When Evergreen finally steps back, I reach my arm out to give Brixlow a hand shake. He places his hand in mine, in then suddenly his pulls me in for a hug too. His face presses against my neck and his arms are a little to low to be comfortable.

Laxus quickly rips him off me and pulls me behind him. He doesn't say anything; he doesn't have to. His glare and the set of his mouth says it all. Brixlow's face breaks out into a huge grin. He laughs maniacally, his branded tongue sticking out.
"Nice to meet you, Y/n. I can't wait for us to get to know each other. I'm sure we'll be fast friends. I'm excited to show you my babies."
Laxus growls at this and I turn to him.
Babies? I mouth.
He shrugs and I turn towards Fried. He tilts his head in a greeting.
"Hello, Y/n. It's nice to meet you."
I nod and return my greetings.

I walk across the living room and sit on the loveseat. I pull my blanket around my legs and prop my body on a pillow. Laxus continues to stand, looking at everyone. When his eyes land on me, he shoots me a conforming look and rolls them.
"Okay. Now that everyone has been introduced, I have something to talk about." He takes a breath, rolling his shoulders.
"Everyone is aware of the event going on later today, correct?"
Everyone nods and I look around confused.
Laxus sees my expression and explains, "There's a competition at the guild. More specifically a beauty pageant. I'm going to have you competite in it. I'm sure you'll be able to win for the Legion."
Fried makes a face and Evergreen nods excitedly. Brixlow grins like a maniaic and nods slowly. I frown and look at Laxus.
"A beauty pageant? Are you sure?" I ask, squinting my eyes at him. Laxus smiles and nods, "Unless you don't want to do it. I can have Ever do it instead..."
"No, I'll do it." I interupt.
"Good. Let's make sure you win. We can show the rest of those idiots who is boss."
I laugh and get up from my seat. I didn't even see how serious his facial expression was.