You'll Be The End Of Me Ch. 22

A.N.~ The picture of the dragon is an idea of what come later in the story. Sorry, but no spoilers! This is back to present time, btw...

Y/n pov.

Everyone cheers and hugs each other. Laxus stares at Makarov and Master stomps to us. He glanced at Laxus and gives him a look.
"Thank you for coming back..." Master starts,but Laxus turns his head away like a child.
"Is that what you thought I'd say, idiot?!! How dare a man, who hasn't been reinstated yet, set foot on Sirius Island?!!" Master yells, his face becoming huge. He pushes Laxus with his face and Laxus holds him back with his arms.
"Shut up, you old fart." Laxus replies, looking away. I laugh, covering my smile.
"L-Laxus..." We look over to see Fried, with a blush blooming across his face. All of the sudden the Thunder Legion tackles him.
"Laxus!!"
"You've come back to us, Laxus!" Fried was rubbing his face all over Laxus's.
"Hey, stop that! Hey! Hey!" Laxus groaned, he looks at me with a pleading expression. I throw my hands up in surrender.
"They are your tribe, your responsibility..." He groans as his friends cry themselves out. Master said 'not reinstated yet' Does this mean Laxus will be back? I grin when I see Natsu shoot up from his spot.
"Okay, time to get the test going again! Somebody got in the way of the second test, so it doesn't count. Let's make it simple! A battle! An all out battle!"
Gajeel pulls himself up and presses his head against Natsu's threateningly. "Have you gotten sick in the head?! You think you can win against me as beat up as you are?"
I sweat-drop when I take in all the bandages Jeel has wrapped around his body. He looks like a whole ass mummy. There is no way he is in any shape either.

We all head to base camp, Laxus had to carry me there. Right when we arrived Nastu passed out and Lis puts his hair in pig tails. Lmao, why is that actually cute? Laxus sets me down beside him and I hiss in pain. He flinches and shoots me an apolagetic look, and Brixlow sits next to us, grining.
"It's so great that you're back, Laxus! Y/n and I missed ya bunches. I can't wait to introduce you to our daughter." Laxus stares at us in shock, and my mouth opens in a wide O shape.
"What?! You guys are together?" I shake my head quickly, and Laxus relaxed.
" Naw... I can't really say that I'm back, either." Fried wasn't even listening. He was too busy trying to comprehend the idea of Laxus even being with us. Ever puts her hand on her mouth and walks over to us.
"Say... Laxus, while you were gone, Elfman did awful things to me. Get revenge on him for me.~"
Elfman looks at her shocked, "You little..."
Laxus groans and I lean in to whisper in his ear. "They are practically dating. It's cute, no? They are always fighting..."
Laxus tilts his head against mine and keeps quite. I look over to see Juvia wiggling her butt, asking Gray to paddle her. Now, if their relationship was like that... It would be a different story. Guildarts plops down beside us and nudges Laxus.
"So, you where expelled from the guild? Ha! Laaame!"
Laxus growls at him. "Shut up, you old bastard!!" I laugh and wave Wendy over.
"Can you heal my leg, Wendy? I think it is broken..." She nods, enthusiastic. She is quickly done and I let out a sigh of relief.
"Thanks a lot!" She smiles and walks to her next patient.

Time Skip

"Whaaaat?!!" The boys all yell at the same time.
"Like I said. This year's S-Class Wizard Qualification test is cancelled."
I groan along with everyone and the boys basically throw a fit. Natsu challenges Gramps in a battle and he is destroyed in one swoops of Master's punch. I turn to see Laxus pulling on Lis's cheeks.
" Wat aw yoo doing?" I chuckle as he pats her on the head.
"Nothing." He replies. "Just wondered if you were real."
"Of course I'm real!! Don't be rude!"
I laugh and pull her towards me. "You shouldn't pick on her too much. She might run away because of you." I turn to her and smile. "It's okay, he practically did that to me the first time he saw me again. Definitely a touch and feel type of person." She laughs and excuses herself.
I feel Laxus gaze on my back and I turn to him slowly. We make eye contact and we stare at each other.
"That Laxus gaze is something else..." I hear Fried whisper to Brixlow. I don't move my head in aknowledgment, but a small smile spreads across my lips. Laxus's mouth mirrors mine, and my gaze stays fixed on his mouth. His smile turns into a smirk and I bring my eyes back to his. He raises and eyebrow and tilts his head towards the forest. I tap my nose twice and he does the same.
I turn around and walk to base camp. I grab a towel and my swimsuit. Then I walk to the spring. I strip down and pull my swimsuit on. I hear foot steps coming. I turn around and meet the heavy gaze of Laxus. I turn away and step into the hot spring, ignoring him. I still feel his gaze against my back and I hear him get undressed.
The water ripples when he joins me in the water. His arms wrap around me and he tucks his face in the crook of my neck. I take a deep breath and exhale through my nose. He does the same; I can feel his chest expand. We stand there in silence, until Laxus lets me go. He sighs.
"Please look at me, Sparkles... I need you to see my face... I need to see yours."
I turn around slowly and carefully look up at him. He was already looking down on me. I take in his red eyes and it almost look like tears left a path against his face. I raise my hand and hold it against his cheek. He bends over and rests his forehead on mine.
"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." He repeats himself like a broken record...over and over again...
"I'm sorry too. You've already apologized. I believe that you're actually sorry for what you did and I think that you regret that you hurt our family. I forgive you. I forgave you a long time ago."
He breaks down at my last sentences and lets out a ragged breath. "I don't deserve your forgiveness. I don't deserve the guild. I don't deserve the legion. And I don't deserve you."
I lift his head and glare at him. "I don't remember asking if you deserve it or not. You have it, and that's all that matters. Tell me how you could deserve it, show me how you could earn it."
He pulls away and stares at me in shock. "I promise you, I'll make it up to you."
He grabs my arms and pulls me up against his chest. He puts his thumb under my chin and tilts my face up. 'I'll make it up to you' He brings his face lower.
I lick my lips, my throat was suddenly dry. He presses his lips against mine and I feel a fire rise in my chest. I wrap my arms around his neck and my hands twist into his hair. He props me up against a rock. Our kiss turns into something of passion and he pulls away to catch his breath.
"I missed you so much, Sparkles."
I laugh, breathless. "I probably missed you more..."
He laughs as well, "Doubt it..." He kisses a trail up my neck and he freezes when he sees my scar. He raises his hand and traces it with his thumb. I try to get him to look at me, but he keeps his eyes glued to it.
"I can't believe I ever hurt you..." I frown and start to tell him off but he shuts me up with a kiss. "It's my fault and you can't tell me otherwise. It's just one more thing I have to make up to you." He kisses my scar softly.
"I'm not letting you go until I make everything up to you." I raise my eyebrow at him.
He smirks and whispers in my ear, "And, hate to say it, Babygirl, It's a long list. Might even take me forever..." Something blooms in my chest and I can't seem to push it down. Instead I grasp it; I pull Laxus back against me and resume our kiss.

Timeskip

Laxus grabs my hand as I wrap the towel around my body. I smile at him and he leads us to the others. I freeze when the sound of a huge roar rings out in the air. Is that a... Dragon? I grab Laxus's hand tighter and drag him to the camp. Everyone was grouped up and shouting in confusion.
"There it is!" Lily's voice rings out above the others. I look up to see a black dragon with blue swirls around his body. That's the black dragon from Apocalypse Revelations. Acnologia. Nastu shouts at it and I flinch at every word.
"Listen, you! If you know where Igneel is right now, you'd better tell me! Also Grandeeney and Metalicana too! Oh, and if you know Y/n's parents, Helia and Da, tell us that too."
Acnologia crashes against the ground and lets out a ferocious roar. It's not going to talk to us. He is way above that. Then he springs back into the sky.
Guildarts turns around and screams at us, "Runn!"
Everyone takes off, sprinting through the forest.
"Run! Top priority is to go home! Back to Fairy Tail!" Erza shouts. Carla shouts something about talking to it.
I shake my head, "It ignores human words because it think of humans as we think of insects. Humans don't bother to talk to bugs. It's attitude is the same."
Gramps plants his feet and yells to us, "Listen, you! Run to the ship!"
Master grabs the dragon and starts to hold him back. Blood splatters out of his mouth.
"He can't stand up to something like that!"
"Master! Please stop!"
Everyone yells too him.
"Run!" He shouts again.
"We can enter this fight too!" Fried shouts.
"We'll tear it apart!!" Ever yells. I nod along, looking at Laxus. He was a still as a statue, staring at his Grandfather. His eyes were wide and his hand in mine was frozen.

"Can't you follow your master's orders just the onr last time?!!" Master yells, looking back at us. "You damn brats!"
I feel tears fall down my face. ... One last time...
"I'm a dragon slayer here. If thing needs an enemy, than I..."
Laxus grabs him and pulls him away. "We're running, Natsu!" I quickly spring after them. "Laxus!! You..." Natsu's voice fades when he sees a tear fall down from Laxus's face. Everyone follows his lead, tears streaming from their faces also. We run together until I freeze in my tracks. I don't want to regret this.
"I'm not abandoning my family! Leave if you want, but I'm fighting! For my guild!" I say sprinting back to Master.
Everyone else follows with. We charge the dragon, as a guild. Master's body shrinks back to size.
"You..." He starts.
"I was against the plan. But... Leaving an old man behind while they run isn't what they do. This guild of yours..." Laxus says, smiling at his Gramps.
"Those idiots...." Master says, tears streaming down his face. The dragon leaps back into the air.
"It's flying!"
"Could it be going home maybe?"
"We can't count on that." It takes a deep breath, gathering energy.
"It's breath attack! " I scream. "Anyone with defense magic bring forth everything you have!"
"Right!"
"Everyone... Concentrate your power on Fried and Levy!"
"Everyone join hands!"
I grab Laxus's hand and look at him with a small smile.
"We're not gonna let this end here!" Natsu yells.
"Yeah! We'll never give up!"
"Let's combine all of our power! Let's show 'im what binds our guild together!"
Gramps takes his grandson hand and says, crying. "Let's all go home together... To Fairy Tail!"
We all join hands and I lean my head against Laxus. He looks at me and mouths I love you so much, Babygirl. I laugh, tears streaming down my face.
"I love you guys." I tell everyone. We smile at each other and brace for empact. When it hit, the waves pushed us apart but I kept a grip on Laxus. The world quickly faded into darkness.

After a while, I feel warmth against my body and open my eyes slowly. They widen when I see what is in front of me...Helia... I remember her name now. Her warmth fills my soul. Her golden scales and almost electric blue eyes. Her voice is almost in my head. I reach for her, but I can't seem to get close. "Please, Mom. I need you." Her image fades away and and her warmth follows soon after. I sigh and my vision fades again.