Awake?! Ch. 34

A.n.~ Here's a cute picture of what Dashi looks like but picture her as an exceed, of course. Hope you're enjoying the story so far, I appreciate all of the reads and the comments! Buckle up for the ride, things may get alittle bumpy!... Or they might not... Safety first anyway ;)

Y/n pov.

I feel power rushing through my body as my legs pound against the stone roads. My breaths were hot and heavy as I weave through the crowds. I find my way to the arena eventually and see everyone leaving. Is the event over for today?
I hear everyone babbling about a huge fight and I hear Lucy's name in there a few times. I walk faster and run into a woman. She stares at me cooly, assessing my every move.
"Oi! Apologies, I didn't mean to bump into you."
She nods briskly and I go to leave but she grabs my arm.
"Do you not recognize me, Fairy?" She sneers. I look at her closer and boiling rage fills my body.
"You! You're the one who stole Dashi! I take back my apology. You don't deserve it."
She huffs a laugh. "Didn't want it in the first place... But I'm glad you ran into I've been meaning to tell you something...." She pauses, drawing out her words.
"Yes, Minerva?"
She grabs my arm and pulls me to the corner of the walkway. She leans in and presses me against the wall.
"I wanted to warn you to stay away from Sting and Rouge. They don't need some fairy whispering bad things about Saber Tooth in their ears.... I know you might even have a thing for Sting. Don't try to hide it, it's pretty obvious. Revolting even..." She runs a finger across the blush on my cheeks with a pointed smile. "Sting must be desperate for someone to warm his sheets... stooping so low as to flirt with some fairy scum. That makes me want to steal you away and play with you... I wish we could play together longer now, but I must get going... You will see me again, Fairy."

She walks away, disappearing into the thick crowd. I try to unfreeze myself and rub my hands across my face. For some reason when she says playing, I don't think she means dress up or tea party... I'm picturing sharp knifes and even sharper words... I shudder and glance around me.
I take a step into the crowds but something holds my arm, preventing me from leaving. I turn and glare at my capturer but freeze when I see Natsu's shocked exspession. I grin at him and his wraps his arms around me, melting in my arms. I laugh and ruffle his hair.
"Did you miss me?" I ask, as he rubs his face against my shoulders like a dog. He just sighs and breathes in deep savoring my scent. I do the same and he pulls back with a look if shock frozen on his face.
"W-What's along your neck, N/n?" He steps closer as I look at him confused. "They look like little stars... Yeah, they are sunbursts. When did you get these?"
He runs a finger along them and a shiver runs down my back.
"I don't remember ever getting them... They must have appeared after the spell was complete." I say, trying to look at them.
As Natsu studies the small stars, my face heats up. He's standing really close... His scent filled my nose again and I almost sneeze. His sent was one of my favorites. It had a poprocks like sensation, that always tickled my nose. He always smelled warm, almost like the sun even. He runs a finger across my new markings and my body shudders again.
"Don't do that! They're really sensitive!"
A sly smirk appears on his lips as he reaches out to touch them again. I dodge his attempts and blend into the shadows. I watch his face pull into a scowl and I laugh. His head whips toward the sound and he swings his arms around the shadow.
"Oi! You almost got me!"
He groans and gives up. "Come on! Just come out already."
"Promise you won't touch them again?" I whisper in his ear. He visibly shivers and nods slowly.
"I promise I won't touch them."
I release the shadows and Natsu launches himself at me. His arms clamp down on my sides and he rests his forehead on mine.
"Promise not to disappear again..." He whispers.
I try to search his eyes but they were closed softly and his mouth was set in a line. I poke his cheek and smile at him, wide.
"I promise you. I will always be here for you, even if it's from the shadows."
Natsu opens his eyes, searching mine.
"If I'm not with you, Natsu, step into the sunlight. You'll feel me there. Or touch a shadow. I'm there too. You don't have to be scared that I'm going to leave you. I'm not making that mistake again. Trust me."
Natsu nods and his mouth slowly pulls into a small smile. "Same for me, N/n. I'm with you to the end of the line. You can count on that."
He grabs my hand and starts pulling me through the crowd.
"Where are we going?" I ask him.
He glaces at me but keeps moving forward. "We have to tell the guild that you're awake."
I nod and follow obediently. He takes me to an inn and stand the doors open, arms spread wide open and grinning his face off.
"Look what I found at the arena!"
My guildmates look at me blinking a few time... Then they launch themselves at me, crushing me with hugs.
"Y/n! You're okay!"
"Welcome back!"
"Where have you been?"

Once everyone settles down I turn to my friends and find Gray glaring at me. I smile at him, guilty. Gray starts walking to me.
"What are you thinking? Running out of the hospital like that? You could have hurt yourself!"
With each step, he draws closer until he's right in front of me. He glares at me for another couple of seconds and I just look up at him, worried. He sighs and pulls me into his arms.
"At least you're okay. Don't make me worry like that." He says into my neck.
I laugh and fluff his hair. "Apologies, Elsa. I'll make sure, next time, to tell you before I go into a coma or run away from a hospital."
He chuckles and I feel his chest moved as he laughs.  He pulls away and flashes me a smile.
"Let's not have a next time."
I playfully salute him and I feel something tug on my jacket.

I look down and see Asuke staring up at me. I smile at her and she puts her hands in the air and clutches her fists open and close.
"Up! Up!"
I pick her up in my arms and set her on my shoulders. Her hands instantly fly to my hair and she runs it through her chubby toddler fingers.
"How are you, Little one?"
She giggles and rests her head on top of mine. "Good, now that big sissy is here. You were sleeping for a long time."
I laugh and hold her feet against me, so she doesn't fall.
"You missed me, huh?"
She nods and I smile.
"Do you want to hangout with me all day today? I can ask your mommy."
Asuke kicks her feet in the air and nods quickly. "Yeah! Let's go ask! Run, sissy, run!"
I jog to Bisca and she smiles at me. "Can I take Asuke around town. We want to hangout for awhile."
Asuke gives her mom puppy eyes and Bisca nods. "Just be back before bed." Asuke and I salute her and I head out the door.

We weave through the crowds and Asuke babbles about random stuff. She rests her hands on each side of my cheeks and I smile at her.
"What's up, Little one?"
"Can you put me on you side?"
I laugh as I slip her to my waist. "This better?"
She giggles and nods.
"Hey! Where do you want to go, Asuke? We can go to the candy stall... Or we can shop for clothes... Oh! What about ice cream?"
Asuke beams at me. "Can we?! I want a sundae!"
"Okay! Hold on tight! I'm going to use the shadows!"
Her tiny arms grasp my waist and she presses her face against my chest, peeking out at the new world around us. It was dark with particles of light floating through the air around us. Asuke reaches out to touch the light and it dodges her chubby fingers. Her eyes fill with wonder and I step back out of the shadows. She looks at me with wide eyes and a mouth opened like a O. I laugh at her exspession and walk to doors of the ice cream shop.
"Was that cool, Little one?" She nods as I set her down. She grabs my hand and pulls me to the display cases.
"I want this one!" She says pointing to moose tracks. "And this one! And this one! And this one!"
I nod and looks at the cashier. "Hi, can I get a sundae with moose tracks, Superman, cookie dough, and birthday cake..." I turn to Asuke. "Hey, do you want sprinkles?"
She nods.
"What about fudge and carmel?"
She nods again. I turn back to the cashier.
"Can I get that sundae with sprinkle, fudge, and carmel?"
The cashier nods, "Is that all?"
"I'll also have a waffle cone. Mint chocolate chip and dark chocolate cherry. Can you put it in a bowl for me, please?"
The cashier nods. I pay him the money and Asuke drags me to the window seats. She grabs a couple of crayons and colors on the coloring sheet provided on the table.
When the ice cream arrives, Asuke's smile could be seen all the way around the whole kingdom. I hand her a spoon, smiling softly.

"Y/n?! You're awake!?"
I look up and see Sting standing beside me, with a shocked smile on his face.