Hot Stuff! Ch.9

Y/n pov.

Julia quickly put me in the makeup chair and began ordering around the artist.
"Give me black mascara. I want a little foundation and highlight too, but don't make it obvious. Let's go with the nude/ almost nude palette for her eyes. Go soft with the eye liner, ladies. She is not supposed to look like a strumpet, ja?!"

The artist scramble to follow the instructions and they are finished very quickly. I take in my appearance and smile to myself. It's been a while since I looked this good. Julia drags me away from my reflection and sets my in the dressing room. "Your fashion sense is comfort over style." She tells me, "That's why I'm putting you in leggings and this off-the-shoulder sweater. These boots are perfect for the whole look." She hands me a black pair of leggings.
I look at them closer and see golden threads tied into the design. Next she gives me a chunky knit, golden sweater. I pull these on and wait for the boots. She opens the door and takes me in.
"You're such a sight. Absolutely beautiful... Here are the boots and satchel. Hurry! We need to do your hair too!"
I smile and thank her as I pull on the boots she gave me. She takes my hand and drags me to the salon chair.
This time she doesn't use assistants,  she does it all herself. She takes my hair and sprays it with a little water and puts it in a high pony tail. Then she braids the pony tail and teases it a little. Then she wraps it like a bun and the finished product looks like a rose.
"Wow, Julia! That looks really good!" I tell her beaming.
She smiles at me. "Danke, shön. You are all done now. You may meet up with your team mates in the hallway. I will be preparing for the second round while you're gone. Have fun, ja?!" She tells me.
I give her a hug and make my way out the door. But before I leave, I take one last look in the mirror. Damn, I look fiiiiine. Lemme get a pic. I'll send it to Laxus. I wonder what he'll think.
___________________________

Sparky~ Your such a dumb ass 😑

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Nov. 18 4:30

{Insert photo} ~ Sparkles

Whatcha think? 😎~Sparkles

Sparky~....

Sparky~ wat da hell ya dressing like dat fo

I'm in a beauty pageant. It's my quest~ Sparkles

FYI, you need to work on your texting skills. You're absolute booty 😑👌~Sparkles

Sparky~ you left me for a beauty competition?!

Sparky~ you better win...

I will! Just for you, Sparky 😘😎👌👯🌡️🍑~Sparkles

Sparky~ ...that doesn't make any sense...
___________________________

I laugh out loud and look around for my teammates. I spot the girls leaving their stylists and walk over to them. As I get within listening distance I hear Lucy talking to Erza.
"Who does Y/n think she is? Clinging onto the boys like that. She must be a complete whore." She says, "She better back off Natsu, too. He's mine and he doesn't like her like that."
I watch Erza roll her eyes and sigh, "Y/n is not a whore. She hasn't seen her best friends in 5 years, you can't blame her for being a little clingy. It doesn't bother me and I'm sure the boys feel the same. We love Y/n and we would be the same way."
Lucy snorts and shrugs her shoulders.
"Erza! Oh my gosh! Look at you! Let's get a picture together." I gush, walking towards her. She spots me and waves me over. She is wearing a evergreen dress with gold accent pieces.
"Your stylist is talented! Green is definitely your color." I tell her, hugging her around the waist.
"Here, Lucy!" I toss her my phone. "Can you take a picture of us?"
She smiles and puts the camera to her face. "Smile!" She tells us. I wrap an arm around her shoulders and flash a rock&roll sign and Erza holds up a peace sign. When we're done, Lucy gives me my phone and walks away from us. I pretend not to notice and look at the photos.
"Is it okay if I send this to Laxus? He wants me to keep him posted." I ask.
Erza laughs and nods, " It doesn't bother me. Have you and Laxus made up?"
I wince and her words and shake my head slowly, "Actually, we haven't even talked about it. I didn't even recognize him when I bumped into him. I'll have to make time to talk about it later."
All the sudden I feel Tadashi land on my back. "N/n! You look so beautiful. We almost match too!" She says showing me her new gold dress.
"Jeez, Dashi. You look so beautiful." I tell her, ruffling her fur. She giggles and rests her head against mine.
I look around for the boys and spot Gray behind me. He is wearing a tight white shirt with ripped black jeans.
I wrinkle my nose, "Hawt damn! They made you look like an actual stripper! Your legs are so pale."
He sees me and makes his way over.
"At least your stylist know what they're doing. You look good."
I smile and pinch his cheek, "Make sure you don't lose these clothes or else they might actually think you're a stripper."
He nods and smiles, "Where's Natsu? He must look horrible too."
I shrug, "Beats me. I thought he would be with you. Do you want to look for him?"
Gray looks off into the distance and sighs. "I don't think that will be necessary."
I follow his line of sight and see Natsu with Lucy. She was standing really close to him and touching his chest. He was smiling and laughing about something she said. Maybe Lucy is right. I should back off. I don't want to ruin their relationship. My heart sinks and I shrug away my thoughts.
"Oh, Okay... What time are we starting anyway?" I try to play off my feelings.
Gray looks me in the eyes and replies, "Five minutes..." He takes a deep breath,"Do you want to be partners? My stylist told me that we would be participating as a group called The Fairies. We can pose together."
"Yeah! That sounds fun! Let's take a selfie, I want to put all of the pictures I take today on my wall at home." We pose and start taking pictures.
"Gray! The camera really likes you. You look amazing in all of these."
He blushed, "Not as good as yo- Nah, you're right. I do look amazing." I laugh and check at the time. "Oh, we're starting soon. Let's get in line. The others can find us."
He grabs my hand in response and leads the way to the end of the line. We stand there talking for a couple of minutes until the rest of the team shows up.
"Are any of you in pairs?" I ask, looking at Erza. "I'm with the exceeds. Who are you with Natsu?" Natsu looks up from the ground and starts to speak. "I think I'm wi-" "Natsu is with me. He is my partner." Lucy interups, putting her arm around his shoulder. He nods and looks back at the ground.
"Natsu, where is your scarf?" I ask him.
He keeps his eyes on the ground and replies, "The stylist made me take it off."
I nod slowly and look at Gray. "What's wrong with him?" I mouth to him. "I'm not sure." He mouths back.