Maybes? Ch. 29

I pull on my uniform and sigh. I had my signature leggings on and a long-ish jacket that reached mid-thigh. It was black, to match everyone else. It had gold embroidery on it, little sun bursts. I had a tight gold crop-top on, it made my boobs look huge. I pulled my hair up in a french braid and smiled at myself. You look so professional. I walk out and see Mira in a dress.
"Mira! You look beautiful, as always!" She smiles and kisses my cheek. "You look great too, Y/n. Like a complete badass."
I laugh and look at the boys. They look completely normal!
"You guys could have at least tried a little bit!"
Gajeel laughs and Mystogan shrugs. Laxus ignores me completely. I sigh and lead the way to the stadium.

We wait our turn and we start walking. "Now! Taking second place in the preliminary round... This is a shocker! Will they be key to restoring the fallen wings to the sky? I would have never seen this coming!!"
We step out and pose dramatically.
"It's Fairy Tail Team B!!!" "Whaa-Whaaat?!!" Natsu screams.
"Sis?!"
"Gajeel!!"
"Y/n!!"
"And Laxus?! That can't be allowed!!"
The crowd is confused too.
"Another Fairy Tail team?!" Natsu just stares, shocked.
"Wait, wait, wait..." They stare at Mystogan and he raises a finger to his lips.

"I see that many in our crowd are confused about the new rules for the Games this year, wouldn't you say, Yajima-san?"
"Yesh, thish year, each guild ish allowed to enter one or two teamsh in the tournament."
Master stands up and cheers. "Gaaa ha ha ha!! You see?! That's the power of Fairy Tail!!!"
"The two teams will be pitted against each other in the finals. Will Fairy Tail be able to fight members of their own guild?" 
The judges argue about the fairness but Natsu yells at them.
"You've gotta be kidding me!" He says, "I don't care if we are in the same guild! If we're going to fight, we're going all out! No holding back! You entered as a different team, and that makes you the enemy! We won't let you defeat us!"
Gajeel got in Natsu's face. "I wouldn't have it any other way, Mr. Eighth Place."
Elfman and Mira greet each other. And Erza and 'Mystogan' have a secret conversation, but Laxus stops them, reminding him how Mystogan was never very talkative.

"Now, for the final team! The first to make it through the preliminaries! Yes!! You all know who I'm talking about! The powerful! The unequal! The undefeated Champions! Saber Tooth!!!!"
The crowd roars as Sting and his team walk out. A smile forms on my face as I watch Sting pump his arms in the air, pepping up the crowd.
Natsu glares at Sting, "They're here."
Sting waves at him. "This'll be fun, Natsu-san."
Gajeel glares at the man with dark hair. "What are you glarin' at, punk?"
"Gajeel." He replies, cooly.
I make eye contact with Sting and I grin at him. He shoots me a wink but his eyes settle somewhere behind me and he looks away quickly. I glance behind me and see Laxus glaring at me.
"What?" I ask.
"Stop talking to the competition." He say, coldly. I flinch at his tone and glare back at him.
"I can do what I want, Laxus. You don't own me... Last time I checked, smiling was not even talking. I'm just being friendly."
His eyes flash with anger but then his face settles back down. "Then stop being friendly with Saber Tooth. They are the enemies. He is the enemy."
I force out an angry laugh. "He is Sting and at least he talks to me like an equal. You haven't spoke to me at all these past couple of days. We can't fix anything if you don't talk to me about it."
He chuckles, harshly. "Why don't you go and talk to Sting then."
I flinch, his words like a slap to my face.
"Don't say anything you will regret." I whisper, hugging my chest.
He laughs darkly, "I can say what I want... Like maybe we aren't going to work out. Four months is long enough."
A tear slips down my face and I wipe it quickly. "Y-Yeah... Maybe we aren't going to work out at all. You push people away. I can't seem to ever push past your walls. Maybe I will go and talk to Sting, or maybe Natsu. At least he loves me. And to think, all this time I wasted, I thought you loved me."
His fingers twitch. "Maybe you thought wrong."
I touch my scar and deliver the killing blow, riping the band-aid off. I want him to hurt like I do.
"Natsu was right, all you ever do is hurt me."
He visibly finches and reaches for me. I dodge his arms and walk away from him.