Table Talk! Ch. 12

Y/n pov.

When I'm done getting dressed, I head to the kitchen to find Laxus. He is digging in the fridge and grunting in frustration.
"What's wrong, Sparky?" I ask him, peering into the fridge also.
"I can't find the damn eggs! I don't remember where I put them..." He says trailing off. I look closer in the fridge and instantly find them under a bunch of cheese. "They're right here, ya dingus. I hope you weren't looking for very long..." I smirk, pulling the eggs out. "Why do you have so much food anyway? The fridge is almost over flowing!" He grabs the carton out of my hands and grabs a skillet from the rack.
"I like food." He replies, "Also I'm a sucker for a great discount. These eggs were fifty cents. And the milk was eighty. Can't beat those good prices." I sweat drop and pull myself on top of the counter.
"You're such a food hoarder. I might have to call the hotline if you don't get your act together...." I say pulling out my phone. He snatches my phone and tucks it in his pocket. Then he turns back to the stove and puts the pan on one of the burners. "How many eggs do you want? And what type?" I smile and laugh at him.
"Lmao, you're so cute, like a little house wife. I'll take two scrambled eggs with cheese and a cup of coffee. And can you make the coffee iced with two table spoons of creamer? Also I want toast too. Just butter them.... That's about it... Until I think of more food for you to make, you can continue on with your cooking, woman." He nods and repeats my order.
"So you want scrambled eggs with cheese, a cup of iced coffee (two table spoons of creamer), and buttered toast. Was that all, Master?" He asked, whisking the eggs.
I nod, "Yes, that will be all. Return to your duties, peasant."
He cracks a smile and starts on the toast. We sit there and chit chat for a while until he is done making us breakfast. We sit down at the table and he pulls out my phone.
"Holy shit! Why do you have so many messages? And even more important, why is Natsu your wallpaper?" My eyes widen in realization.
"Crap, did I replay to any of them? They were worried since I didn't come home last night. Natsu went completely overboard and told everyone about it. Even Gramps... Remind me to change my wallpaper, though. I'm not sure where I stand with Natsu at the moment. He didn't say anything to me yesterday and Lucy wants me to back off... So I guess that's what I'll do." I start to carry on and stop my self. "Sorry, Laxus. I don't want to bore you with all my woes." He looks me in the eyes and grabs my hand.
"It's going to be alright, Y/n... It'll buff. Natsu will realize that he's being an absolute ass and he'll apologize. Lucy will stop being so petty... Scratch that... She'll understand that you and her aren't even competing on the same level. And guess what?" He smiles, waiting for an answer.
"What?" I ask, lifting an eyebrow.
"I fixed your biggest problem..."
"And which one was that?"
He smirks and raises my phone up in the air. He poses with a rock and roll hand gesture and his tongue sticking out, Kiss style. He snaps a photo and sets it as my background.
"Now you can stare at my beautiful face every time you turn on your phone. Way better than your old backround. " He tosses the phone at me, and I look at the picture. I snort when I see his messy bed head and his tank top was pulled down a little so you could see some of his chest and tattoo.
"Nice..." I choke when I see the time, "Holy shit! I have to get home. Tadashi is probably worried. I told her I would spent the whole day with her and it's already 1!" Laxus grabs my empty plate and puts it in the sink.
"Are you ready to go? I can drive you to your apartment, if you want." He asks, pulling on a sweatshirt and slipping off his pants. I quickly cover my eyes to avoid the sight of him in his underwear. I wonder if he is a boxer or breifs type of guy?
I cracked from my curiosity and peek through my finger. He was standing at the door looking at me like I was the dumbest thing alive. My eyes travel to his legs and I spot his shorts instead of his underwear. Duh, don't a lot of guys wear shorts under their pants. It would be nice for a warning though, before he goes flashing people.
"Come on, Sparkles. Let's go. I don't want to keep Dashi waiting."
I jolt out of my frozen position and sprint passes him, to the car. I sit in the passenger seat and wait for Laxus. He locks his house and jogs to the driver side door. He hope in and turns the car on.
"You still live in the same place?" He asks. I nod and start to give him directions.
"Naw, it's okay. I got it. I remember from before you left." He interups. I turn my phone back on and sigh. "What wrong, Sparkles? Is my face not beautiful enough for you? Does it not cheer you up?"
I crack a smile. "Yes, but that's not the main reason. I'm pretty sure Natsu's at my place and I'm not sure how I should deal with him."
Laxus looks me over and sighs too. "Let me come in with you. He probably won't give you any crap if I'm there. If I'm feeling nice, I might even explain our situation too him."
"Can you really?! You definitely can come in with me. I don't want to be alone with him."
"You wouldn't be alone... You have Tadashi." Laxus says pulling into the apartment parking lot.
"That's what makes me a little scared. I think Dashi might agree with Natsu on this one. I think she likes him better than me..."
Laxus laughs as he gets out of the car and opens my door. "I doubt it." He takes my hand and I lead him to my apartment room.

When we reach the door, I hesitantly unlock the door. I slowly open it and creep inside. I smack into someone's body and I'm thrown backwards. Laxus's arm shoots out to catch me and he glares at my offender. Natsu looks up with a shocked expression on his face.
"Y/n? Laxus?" He snaps out of his daze and his expression goes blank. "Watch where you're going. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find my teammates."
I step out of his way and watch him leave the room. Once he slams the door, Laxus grabs me and pulls me in for a hug. I feel tears pool around my eyes and my breathing starts to shudder.
"It's okay, Sparkles. That dumbass doesn't know what he's doing. Don't take what he said to heart. He's probably just mad at me mostly. I'm the one that took you on a date and stole you for a while night. He is just taking it out on you because he thinks you'll let it roll of your back. He knows you can take a hit." He says, taking my face in his hands and wiping my tears.
"That's doesn't make any sense. Even if you're right, it still hurts. Just a couple days ago he insisted I was on the team. Now he just kicks me off."
Laxus grabs my hand and leads me to the sofa. He sits down and pulls me into his arms. "Erza's not going to take that news well. She knows damn well that he is not her boss. Gray's not going to like it either. It's be fine."
I nod my head and grab the hem of his shirt.
"But Lucy agrees and that's split. Happy will agree with Natsu, so that's majority rules. I'm out..."
"Wait!" He says, pulling my face up to see his. "Why don't you just join the Thunder Tribe. We'll treat you way better than Lucy and I'm sure Fried and Brixlow won't mind. I know damn well that Evergreen will kill for you on the team...What do you say? Will you join us?" He asks, giving me puppy dog eyes. I sigh and nods my head.
"I'll join you... But the only reason why is because your puppy eyes are killer. You could convince me to do anything... The Thunder God Tribe has a nice ring to it anyway." I say softly smiling.