Bonds?! Ch. 37

Don't mind the background... I just thought it was funny.
~Mira

"Is that what you mean by mate?" I ask, glancing at his face. I see it flush with a crimson color and he turns to face me.
"Do you know what mates are?" I shake my head slowly and he smiles softly.
"It's hard to explain... When two dragons meet, a bond can click into place. You can only have so many bonds, and there are 3 main kinds of them. There are maternal/fraternal bonds, companion bonds, and mating bonds. Each bond results in different ways, and when a mating bond snaps into place, you'll be able to smell your mate from miles away, you can almost feel his emotions through the link, and together, you'll power each other up... That is, if you accept the link." I look at him with a mixture of awe and confusion.
"What happens if the link is not accepted?"
Sting looks me in the eyes with a blank exspession. "They'll die."
I flinch in shock and Sting cracks a smile.
"I'm just kidding. It won't hurt them physically. If someone doesn't accept the link then they won't become actual mates. They still will feel the pull, but it won't be a strong as it would be if they had accepted."
I nod and close my eyes, pulling the blankets around me tighter. "So... There is a mating bond between us?"
Sting nods and turns to lay on his back. I look back at the TV and we watch it in silence until commercial break. Then I hear Sting sigh. I glance at him.
"What's up?"
Sting closes his eyes and his mouth pulls down into a pout-like exspession. "You are taking this news pretty... quietly?"
I nod and shrug. "I kind of felt it since I first saw you. I'm relieved to know the reason I trusted you so much, even though we'd just met."
Sting laughs and his hand reaches out to touch mine.
"I don't want you to accept the link yet..." He whispers, crossing his pinky with mine, like a promise.
I look at him in shock. "You don't want me to accept? Why?"
His ocean eyes meet my golden ones and I see the raw determination and dedication that filled his orbs. A huge lump forms in my throat and I try to force it down. His head drifts close to mine until our noses and foreheads are touching.
"I want to date you first and you said it yourself... You're not ready for another relationship right now. I'm not going to force you into anything. And I don't want you jumping into anything without thinking it through. I want you to fall in love with me first." I nod and smile at him.
"Thanks a lot, Sting. You've been an amazing friend for me ever since I met you. I hope that someday we'll be more than just friends."
Sting laughs and smiles softly at me. "Y/n... I think we are far past just friends. You're more than just a best friend at the moment... Just don't tell Rouge that."
I spaz out in shock and Sting watches with wide eyes. "Where is my brother anyway? Does he know about our bond?"
Sting laughs and shrugs. "He's probably back at the guild, wondering where I am... And he can probably guess about the bond. As one of my companion bonds, he can feel when a bond clicks into place. He felt it the day I saw you and I'm pretty sure he felt it through you too."
I cock my head in confusion. "How did he feel it through me?"
"Sibling bonds are different than the other 3. They have different properties to them. Ones that I'm not even sure about, because I don't have any siblings. You'd have to ask Rouge himself.... He's been searching for you for such a long time. Everyone told him you were dead, but he felt you through his bond. But, slowly over time, it grew weak and he could barely feel it at all. Sometimes he would feel a tug on the link. Whenever you thought about him hard enough, the link will quiver, like a guitar string. The day I saw you, he felt you tug on it. It nearly scared the crap out of him, but I've never seen him so happy."
I laugh softly and close my eyes. "I missed him too... In a way." I hear him rustle the blankets, getting comfortable.
"What do you mean?"
"Before I was separated from my mother, Helia, cast a spell on me in order to control my magic but it also took my memory. When I woke up, all I remembered was my father's voice and my exceeds name, Tadashi. My father, Skiadrum, who I called Da, and Rouge had visited before and all I remembered was that Da told me to go to a guild called Fairy Tail if anything happens. So that's were I went. I joined their ranks and quickly made friends with everyone after a while I lost a necklace that was a gift from my mother during one of my quests and I felt like a lost a part of me. I had to find the necklace, so I snuck away in the middle of the night and stole an S-Class quest. I completed it and after, I found an old hermit that was named Malcolm. He trained me to use Sun Dragon magic and he believed I was going to take his place as a high priest to Helia."
Sting watches me in with a captivated exspession plastered on his face. I laugh softly and his fingers twitch in mine.
"He trained me for a couple years until I learned a spell called Sun Dragon's Prophecy... It's a spell that shows me the future, or at least a possible ones. Most of them have come true so far. Sting's mouth plops open and he stares at me with a dumbfounded exspession.
"You can tell the future?!" I laugh and shrug.
"Sometimes... Do you want to here a secret?" I asks, grinning at him slyly. He nods quickly and leans in closer.
"...I saw you... You were standing in front of me with your hand reached out. Like you were trying to get me to follow you. You looked angry and your other hand was clasped into a fist. But I said something you and I saw your face melt into a smile. My vision ended before I could take your hand... When I saw that, I thought you might have been a future friend. You could not imagine how shocked I was to see you in the plaza where we met."
He nods and he settles in close to me, our legs touching. Our bare skin generates a lot of heat and I quickly became warm. Sting's head falls close to mine and he touches my hair.
"I saw you too. Not in such a cool way, but in glimpses in dreams... I always knew we'd meet."
We smile at each other and a comfortable silence falls over us. We lay like this for a half an hour or so until I glance at Sting and he had his eyes closed and his breathing was growing slower.
I reached for the remote slowly and I clicked the TV off  I slid out of bed like a ninja and grabbed the sherbet. I slid it into the freezer and shut off the lights. I left the night light on in the bathroom and tip toed back to bed. I slid in carefully and covered myself in blankets. A small smile appears on his face and his arms wrap around me. I almost thought I woke him up, but quiet snores follow by a sleepy groan told me otherwise. He scoots closer to me, seeking my warmth.
Once he settles down, I rest my head against the pillow and close my eyes. Our shared warmth quickly pulls me into a deep sleep.