Chapter 6: Meet the Family

*Marissa's POV*

It's been around a week since the incident with Bella and we made up after she apologized for accusing me of not telling her. I smiled as I exited the bathroom and entered my room to see Carlisle lying on my bed reading a book, "Good morning my love," he said putting the book down.

I smiled wider as he got up and wrapped his arms around my towel-clad body, "Good morning handsome," I whispered knowing he could hear me perfectly. I gently moved out of his arms and opened my closet and pulled out an outfit for the day. I chose to wear a pair of dark denim jeans, a loose gold halter tank top, with a beige suit jacket and a pair of gold stiletto heels. I turned to look at Carlisle who was standing behind me smiling.

I rose an eyebrow, "Are you gonna turn around or are you just gonna watch me?" I asked already knowing the answer.

He smirked, "I'd very much enjoy watching you my love," he teased.

I shook my head before turning back around and dropping the towel. As I dressed, I felt his eyes trailing my body, once I had pulled on my heels, I turned to him and smiled before walking out and heading downstairs. Dad had left for work earlier the morning and I saw that Bella was outside cleaning her truck when Carlisle's car pulled into the driveway.

I opened the door just as Edward landed in the back of her truck, "Could you at least act normal Edward," I commented loud enough for the both of them to hear me.

"Yeah, we have neighbours," Bella added.

He smirked, "I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow," he told Bella before looking down at the dent on her car from the accident. He grabbed ahold of it and pulled slightly as it came back to its original shape.

"Wow thanks," Bella breathed, "Wait like with your family?" she questioned turning to Edward as she brushed her hair back.

Edward shrugged, "Yea," he chuckled.

"But what if they don't like me?" Bella asked slightly worried.

"You're worried, not because you're gonna be in a house full of vampires but if his family will like you?" I teased with a smile before heading down the driveway to Carlisle's car where he was waiting for me.

I smiled at him as I climbed into the car and closed the door. He leaned over the console and pressed his cold lips to my warm ones, I smiled into the kiss and pulled back gently before putting my seat belt on as we pulled out of the drive and headed down the road to his house.

*Time Skip to Next Day*

I smiled at Carlisle as he chopped the meat next to me, he leaned over and pressed a gentle kiss to my cheek before walking over to the stove to cook it.

"Is she even Italian?" Rose questioned.

Emmett looked up at her, "Her name's Bella," he said as if it were obvious.

I smiled at the two of them, "I'm sure she'll love it," Carlisle spoke from behind us.

They all stopped, "Oh get a whiff of that," Rose joked, "Here comes the human," Bella and Edward came from around the corner, I smiled and walked towards them.

"Bella," I breathed, "We're making Italian," she nodded. I frowned at the awkward atmosphere that appeared seeing Bella's eyes looking behind me, I turned around to see Emmett waving a knife in Bela's direction. Upon seeing my glare, he carefully put the knife down.

"Sorry Mama bear," he joked and leaned on the counter. I laughed and turned back around to see Bella smiling at how close I am with the kids.

Carlisle spoke up from the counter, "You and your sister have given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time," he said.

"I hope you're hungry," I said with a smile.

She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "Oh yeah absolutely," she muttered unconvincingly.

"She already ate," Edward whispered, knowing everyone could hear him, myself included.

Suddenly a smash echoed throughout the room, I turned and saw that Rosalie had crushed the glass bowl holding the salad, what remains of said bowl lie on the ground, inedible. She stepped out of the circle of glass, "Perfect," she sneered.

"It's just," Bella started, "I know you guys don't eat and-"

She was cut off by Carlisle, "That's alright," he spoke coming up behind me and gently grasping my waist and pulling me towards his cold chest, "That was very considerate of you besides," he chuckled, "We still have to feed this little monkey," he joked and ran his finger across my waist eliciting a giggle from my throat.

As I stopped giggling Edward commented, "Just ignore Rosalie I always do," he muttered into Bella's ear.

"Yeah," Rose spoke, "Let's just keep pretending this isn't dangerous for all of us," she glared at Carlisle as Emmett gently hit her on the shoulder.

"I-I would never tell anybody, anything," Bella insisted.

I smiled at her, "She knows that," Carlisle said only for Emmett to interject.

"Yeah well," He started, "You two have gone public now so..." he trailed off causing me to look over at him with an unimpressed look.

"No, she should know," Rosalie spoke from where she stood, "The entire family will be implicated if things end badly," she crossed her arms and glared at Bella.

Bella then stepped back and stuttered, "B-badly as in... we would become a meal," this caused everyone to emit a small chuckle, even Rosalie smiled slightly.

A noise came from outside causing me to stop giggling, "Hi Bella," Alice bell-like voice echoed and she jumped in through the window with Jasper following, "I'm Alice," she introduced ad walked forward to hug her. As she let go, she spoke, "Oh, you do smell good," she stared for a second.

"Alice, What're you?" Edward questioned with a confused face.

"Oh, don't worry," Alice assured, "Bella and I are going to be great friends".

Edward then turned away, "Alright I'm going to give Bella a tour of the house," he led her out of the kitchen and turned to look back at us with an unidentifiable facial expression.

I giggled as Carlisle commented, "Well I think that went well," he chuckled and put his hand into his pocket.

I turned to Rosalie, "Clean this up," I instructed pointing at the shards of glass and food on the floor, "Now," I walked back into the kitchen and finished cooking before making two plates and putting one in the microwave to stay warm. I sat at the island eating while Carlisle stood in front of me watching me with a loving gaze as the kids left to do their own thing.