24. Time to Play Chase

*Marissa's POV*

That afternoon Edward drove Bella and I to the Police Station in utter silence, as we all climbed out of the car, we didn't speak until we reached the doors where dad could be seen talking with two other adults. I recognized them, they're Andre and Collin Biers, their son, Riley Biers, had gone missing a year ago and the police have had no such luck finding the boy.

"I know you two know what she saw," Bella stated looking between Edward and I as our attention turned to her, "Tell me," she demanded quietly.

"It was nothing," Edward insisted with a shake of his head.

"You both look worried," she noticed.

I chuckled, "Just that everyone would notice how strange Alice is," I lied with a smile.

Bella chuckled, "I think that ship sailed long ago," She muttered and turned her attention to the doors as Andrea and Collin held a photo of the son, "I wonder what's wrong."

Edward then started reading their thoughts, "Their son went missing in Seattle a year ago, Charlie is doing what he can but..." he trailed off.

I sighed causing Bella's attention to avert to me, "Do you know something about this?" she asked me.

I looked to Edward briefly before answering, "We've been tracking the situation in Seattle for a while now," I started, "Unexplained disappearances, killings," I listed, "If the situation gets anymore conspicuous, the Volturi will step in."

At the mention of the Volturi, her eyes whipped around to meet Edward's, "If they go to Seattle, they could come here," she worried, "They can see I'm still human."

Edward shook his head, "We won't get that far," he insisted, "But we'll go to Seattle if we have to."

The doors opened behind us as Andrea and Collin exited the station, "I'll fax this own the first thing," Dad assured before standing next to us as they went to their car and drove away. He turned to us and smiled, "Hey guys," he greeted to which we returned happily.

"You ready for dinner?" Bella asked looking up at Dad.

He nodded, "Yeah," he replied before looking towards Edward, "It's still just the three of us, alright?"

I giggled and patted Dad's arm, "It's okay, Dad," I assured, "He's just dropping us off," Edward smiled at Bella and I before pressing a chaste kiss to my cheek before walking down the steps to his car. I then remembered her present that Carlisle and I gave her, upon hearing my thoughts, Edward stopped next to the car and turned back to us.

"Bella," he called up to us, "I thought that I would remind you about the airline tickets you got for you birthday."

Dad turned to look at Bella, "What airline ticket?" he asked glancing at me.

"A round trip to see mom in Florida," Bella explained.

Dad looked a little shocked, "Wow, that was generous," he muttered.

Edward went on to explain, "Ad it expires soon, you might wanna use it this weekend," he attempted to convince her to leave.

Bella sputtered for a second, "Well, I can't just drop everything and go," she enlightened.

I put a hand on her shoulder, she turned to me, "It might be the last time you see her before you graduate," I insisted. Her eyes narrowed for a second before she turned to look up at me.

"Only if Edward can use the second ticket," she bargained.

As I went to reply, Dad interjected, "Wait," he started, "There's two tickets?" upon seeing my head nod to him he groaned, "Great."

I looked back at Bella, "I guess that's fine," I agreed causing her to smile before waving Goodbye to Edward as she, Dad and I climbed into the cruiser and headed to the diner for dinner.

-Time Skip-

The days had passed and Edward and Bella were out of Forks and over to Florida just in time for Victoria's arrival, it was pitch black in the woods as the family and I stood in a small clearing. It was silent as we gazed around, "You sure this is where you saw her?" Carlisle asked from his spot next to me.

Alice nodded, "She's almost here," she confirmed as Jasper walked to stand next to her.

We all stood still for a few moments before the sound of leaving crunching could be heard, "On your left," Alice called as we all ran through the woods trying to catch up with her. Emmet was leading with Rosalie just behind him, behind her was Jasper and Carlisle with Alice behind them. I pushed myself to run faster as I caught up with Emmett, Carlisle saw what I had done and joined me at the front.

We jumped over fallen tree and ducked to avoid low hanging branches as we tried to catch up to her, Emmet tried to grab her but was only flipped over her shoulder and flung into the dirt. We continued running as Emmett jumped back onto his feet and chased her with us, we slowed as we got to the treaty line. She had entered the wolves territory.

Carlisle held and arm out, "Wait," he instructed, "She's in their territory now."

I ignored his warning and jumped after her, I ran along side the treaty line as we followed down treaty line between the lands, "She'll get away!" Rosalie called out.

The wolves had appeared behind me with Sam leading the pack next to me, I nodded towards him to which he returned before focusing on the task at hand, "No she won't!" Jasper growled as she jumped back into Cullen territory. I stayed on the wolves side as we kept running, Emmett came up behind her with Jasper on his right.

They made another attempt to grab her but Jasper was only thrown into a tree to which he jumped off and continued the chase. My eyes widened upon seeing her jump back over, Emmett was still following her not realizing what he was about to do, "Emmett no!" Rosalie called out but it was too late, he had already jumped. This caused me to stop and turn just as Jared had knocked him away into the water, I looked back and saw Victoria smirk before running away.

I growled, "Shit," I turned back and hurried down into the water where Emmett and Jared had their teeth barred to each other, "Enough!" I exclaimed as I stood between them. They looked at me shocked, "That's enough, because you two she got away," I turned to Emmett, "Emmett you should know better than try cross the treaty," he lowered his head, before I turned to Jared, "And you Jared," he whimpered, "I understand that what he was going to do went against the agreement but that does not give you the right to harm my son," he whimpered again.

I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose before instructing, "Everyone just," I paused taking an unneeded breath, "Go back home we'll catch her another time," the wolves hurried off with Jared trailing at the back. Emmett and I climbed out of the river before we all headed back to the house. As we entered, I hurried into mine and Carlisle's shared room and changed into more comfortable clothes when there was a knock on the door.

Knowing who it was I called out, "Come in."

Emmett entered the room in dry clothes with his head down, "I'm sorry Momma Bear," he muttered as he walked to where I sat on the bed.

I sighed, "And so you should be," he kneeled down in front on me with his head lowered still, I gently grasped his chin and made him look up at me, his eyes were swimming with venom that would never fall, "You could have been killed had you landed on their side," I brushed his wet fringed out of his face, "I can't lose any of you kids," he tried to lower his head but I kept my hands on his face, "If there is a next time, you need to be more careful, okay?"

"Yes, Momma Bear," he agreed before lying his head on my lap as my fingers brushed through his dark hair.

"I love you all so much," I whispered knowing they could all hear me.

"We love you too Mom/Momma Bear," they all replied from there places in the house.

"I love you Marissa," Carlisle spoke from his office.

I smiled and laid my head on Emmett's, "I love you too Carlisle," I whispered back to him as I continued giving Emmett head pats.

NOTE: Considering Paul is Victor mate , I didn't think he or Emmett would attack each other in the river scene so I changed it to Jared.