13:...They're Gone

*Carlisle's POV*

I watched as my mate slept peacefully when Edward knocked on the door, "We need to talk," he muttered, I carefully got out of bed as not to disturb Marissa. I walked downstairs to see my family sitting in the living room, I sat down on the couch and turned to Edward, "I think we should leave," he said. My dead heart stopped.

"People are beginning to notice that Carlisle isn't aging," He reason, but I knew it was because of what happened tonight, "I think its best we leave and never come back."

A million thought ran through my head, 'What would happen to Marissa? Could I bring her with? Will she want to leave the town she's lived in since birth?' My mind was rushing with questions. "I'm sorry Carlisle," Edward spoke but I kept my head down, "But mom can't come with us," I sighed and sped back upstairs to where my beloved slept peacefully.

I laid back on the bed as she reached over to me and curled into my chest, my eyes filled with venom that would never fall as quiet dry sobs escaped my mouth, but I did not dare to wake my beloved.

*Time Skip*

- One Week Later –

*Marissa's POV*

It's been a week since Bella's birthday, and I haven't heard from the kids nor have I heard from Carlisle. I was packing up my supplies after a long day of work when my phone dinged signalling that I had received a message.

From: Carlisle <3
To: Marissa <3
Time: 15:12 p.m.

Good afternoon love,

Sorry that I have been somewhat...distant these last few days; I've been busy with work. I was hoping you would join me for dinner tonight.

With Love,
Carlisle.

I smiled at the message before I began to type my reply.

From: Marissa <3
To: Carlisle <3
Time: 15:14

Hi Love, it's alright, I had a thought that you were busy, so it doesn't matter. And I would love to join you for dinner tonight.

With Love,
Marissa.

I sent the reply before making my way to my car with a smile on my face, I climbed into my car and hurried home to get ready for my dinner date with Carlisle.

*Time Skip*

I pulled up to the Cullen's house before climbing out of my wearing a fitted black dress with no sleeves and reaches the top of my knees. I had a pair of black strappy heels on my feet with my black diamond earrings in my ears as I walked up the stairs just as the doors opened to reveal my beloved waiting for me. I kissed his cheek as I entered the house, "Thank you for doing this Carlisle," I thanked with a smile on my face.

"You're welcome love," he replied and placed his hand on the small of my back and directed me to the dining room. I smiled to see my favourite dish, spaghetti, on my plate and two wine glasses one filled with red wine the other filled with animal blood. Carlisle pulled out my seat as I sat down and pushed me in before sitting in his own seat.

We chatted for hours as I ate until I realized something, "We're the kids?" I asked. Carlisle tensed, "They went hunting for the night to give us some...privacy," he said. I looked at him suspiciously before finishing my spaghetti when I was pulled up from my chair, "Why don't we continue this date to the bedroom?" he suggested with a smirk.

A blush bloomed across my cheeks as he pulled me up the staircase for a little bit of fun.

*Time Skip*