Chapter sixty four

"You see," Louis purses his lips, "one of the models scheduled to walk in New York fashion week has broken his ankle. Ashton, if you'd like to try runway, then the spot is yours."
"Oh." Ashton breathes out. "New York? I really don't think I'm ready for that."
"I wouldn't be asking if I didn't think you could do it. I realise it's a big step and may not even logistically work around yours and Calum's schedules, but I'd be a fool to not offer it to you."
"Quickly, if I may," Calum interjects, "What are the dates? Just so we can establish if it's even an option."
"Of course, it's the first week of September. Wednesday to Saturday." Louis answers, Calum already opening up his calendar to have a look at availability.
"I don't even know how to do runway." Ashton adds.
"I thought you might say that, so, Harry has said he's more than willing to work with you in the lead up to it. You could meet with him five times a week if you'd like, it's up to you."

"Can I think about it a bit?" Ashton bites his lip.
"Of course, I'd expect nothing less. If you could let me know by the end of the week I'd appreciate it." Louis says.
"Thank you so much for the call Louis, we'll get back to you with an answer as soon as we can." Calum pipes up, ending the call as soon as Louis bids his farewell.

"Do you want to do it Sweets?" Calum asks, pulling Ashton closer.
"I like the idea of it... if I met with Harry enough then maybe I would be able to, and the idea of New York is exciting." Ashton considers.
"Have you ever travelled overseas?" Calum hums.
"Never. I don't even have a passport." The submissive shakes his head.
"Well we'd need to get that sorted, but that won't be an issue."

"But also... I'd miss nearly a week of school, and you would of work. I feel guilty for that even hypothetically." Ashton frowns.
"A few meetings might have to be moved or done over the phone but we have an office in New York. I could still work a bit -and of course I'd have my laptop. You seem to be very on top of your school work, could afford to miss a few days? In any case, we can make time for you to study." Calum reassures him.
"I suppose I could afford to take a week off, especially if I don't when everyone else is on holidays." Ashton shrugs. "But how many offices do you have?"

"The two main ones are Sydney and Tokyo. There's also reasonably sized offices in London and New York but really there's some sort of office is just about every country we sell in." Calum informs him.
"Well if you're sure it'll be okay, it sounds like fun."
"I can't wait to take you all around the world." Calum smiles, kissing Ashton when he finishes speaking.

"Need I remind you," Maggie clears her throat as she opens the door to Calum's office, "that there is still two gentlemen running around your garage?"
"I don't think gentlemen is the right word." Calum laughs, Ashton slowly standing up.
"In any case," she rolls her eyes, "they're there."
"I'll go back to my work." Ashton quickly pecks is dom on the lips and flees out of the room and down the corridor.

"I'll sort it, can you please look at the calendar for the first week of September? Ashton got offered a spot in New York fashion week from the Wednesday to Saturday and I wanna know if it's possible. I imagine I'll have at least a couple hours a day for work, not to mention the plane." Calum says, already back to looking at work files on his computer.
"Okay, do you want me to see if I can put in Tokyo either way there or way back? You're due for a trip there soon anyway." Maggie responds.
"That's a good idea. I don't mind whether it's before or after, whatever will result in less days of work lost." Calum replies, Maggie nodding in acknowledgment before walking back to her desk.

Calum - Michael: Hey how are things

Michael - Calum: You'll have us back now?

Calum - Michael: Yeah sorry about that

Michael - Calum: All g, see you soon

Michael and Luke resurface in Calum's office less than ten minutes later.
"Can I ask if anything exciting happened?" Michael raises an eyebrow.
"We might be going to New York first week of September, if logistics work out." Calum says nonchalantly.
"That is exciting-" Michael grins.
"How was the garage?" Calum jumps in before Michael can ask anymore questions, but Michael takes the hint.
"I think Luke has his eye on a few models." Michael smirks.
"Yeah." The blonde boy blushes.

"Do you have your license?" Calum asks skeptically.
"Yeah. My parents offered to give me some money towards a car but I don't really have a need for it, not to mention that parking in the city is a nightmare." Luke shrugs.
"So you just turned the money down?" Calum asks skeptically.
"Oh no," the younger snorts, "it's sitting in a high interest savings account. They won't give it to me until I have a reasonable use for it but in any case, it's there and it's mine."
"My smart boy." Michael beams, giving Luke a dramatic kiss on the lips that makes the boy giggle.

"We'll head off." Michael announces as they pull apart.
"Thanks for stopping by, catch up this weekend?" Calum says, walking out with them.
"Sounds good, not sure when I'll be free. Next Thursday is launch day so I'll be a pain all week, you and Ashton still coming to that?"
"Of course, I'd never miss it. We can text about a weekend time later." Calum reassures his best friend.
"Great, catch ya." Michael waves as he and Luke step into the lift.

Calum spins on his heels and heads back to his office, only to be stopped midway by Maggie.
"So the best thing to do is fly to New York on Tuesday, arriving Tuesday night, then Sunday fly to Tokyo where you'll arrive mid afternoon on Monday and fly out Tuesday night; arriving back in Sydney 7:10am Wednesday."
"Book hotels, lock it in. I can't wait." Calum confirms.

A/N: ooh! A trip! I wanna take a trip! Idk what else to say but happy Boxing Day all. Lots of love and thank you for getting this to 10k reads yesterday, best Christmas present ever :))))

-Grace Williams xo