Chapter twenty seven

"When we get home, we'll unpack what you brought and make a list of everything we're going to buy. Or, we just go shopping in the city without a list." Calum suggests as they approach his, now their, house.
"We should make a list." Ashton giggles. "I'll start now." Ashton pulls up a note on his phone to start typing.

"I'm glad you already have a Scorpion phone and that's what you're familiar with but I wanna get you a new one, when we do I want to properly introduce you to Michael." Calum hums thoughtfully.
"Oh, yeah. The guy Maggie introduced me to. You know him well then?" Ashton asks.
"Better than anyone else. We've been friends since grade 1, it's just a coincidence we both ended up where we have." Calum replies as they pull into the garage.
"I mean... if this is the area you grew up in it's not that much of a coincidence." Ashton mutters as he gets out of the car, all too aware of the socio-economic divide across Sydney.
"Touché." Calum laughs as he unlocks door and they walk inside.

"This guest bedroom is your room, though you can sleep with me I thought it was important you have your own space -as well as your own walk in robe." Calum says, going into the guest bedroom Ashton used the first time he stayed here.
"Oh, thank you." Ashton smiles.
"Yes and if there's any furniture you want to get or things to decorate the space, we can get that too."
"Thank you." Ashton smiles again, this time even wider, before planting a deep kiss on Calum's lips.
"No worries, anything for you Sweetheart. I have to call Maggie so how about you start unpacking while I do that?"
"Okay." Ashton nods.
"I'll be in my office if you need me." Calum mumbles as he walks out, after kissing Ashton again.

"Hey!" Maggie beams when she sees the caller ID and picks up the phone. "How is everything going?"
"Emotional when he left but that's to be expected. We're back at mine now but we're about to go shopping to buy him a whole new wardrobe and also I want to properly introduce him to Michael. Things are going really well Mags." Calum smiles, unable to stop the fond rambling.
"You know," Maggie hums with a smirk.
"What?" Calum quirks a brow instinctively, seemingly forgetting it's just a phone call.
"This is all very Pretty Woman esque."
"And..."
"Cal." She deadpans. "You're his sugar daddy."
"Soulmate." He sneers.
"I never said you weren't soulmates." Maggie quips defensively. "I'm just saying that on top of that, you're re-enacting Pretty Woman."

"I call for an update on my company and this is the thanks I get." Calum says sarcastically.
"It's fine Cal." She snorts. "Though people are finally submitting what they needed to for the end of financial year review so there's a lot for you to go over when you come back, tomorrow is only two meetings though."
"Well at least they're getting them in on a Monday rather than a Thursday or Friday." He supplies. "Anything else?"
"That is true and other than the fact I am loving my new office, no." Maggie grins.
"Don't mess up anything." Calum threatens but they both know it holds no weight because firstly Calum's a minimalist and there's nothing too mess up in the first place and secondly Maggie just wouldn't. She merely enjoys having his office on the days he's not there.
"What on earth do you mean? Why, this office belongs to the person in charge of Hood Motors -today that is me."

"Whatever, I'll be back tomorrow." Calum shakes his head. "Can please check with Michael if he has any meetings today and what time works for me to drop in?"
"Will do, talk later, bye Cal."
"Bye Mags." Calum hangs up the phone just as Ashton walks through the open doorway.

"All done Sweets?"
"Yep." Ashton grins, taking it upon himself to sit in Calum's lap and use their new position as an excuse for a deep sorta-make-out-but-not-a-make-out kiss
"Let's go, there's lots to do today." Calum says when they pull apart.
"I'm excited." Ashton smiles softly.
"Good."

"You know, maybe this car was a good thing. Now we can fit lots of shopping in. It's a bit of a hassle to park in the city but we'll manage." Calum says as he reverses out of the garage.
"This is all on you. I can't drive in the city." Ashton replies.
"I'll have to teach you then." Calum smiles.
"I did it once on my L's and never again." Ashton shakes his head.
"You'll be fine sweetheart. Promise." The older grins.