81.

"SOMETHING WRONG?" Freddie asked me once we pulled away from our brief kiss.

I looked down at our shoes and shook my head. "No," I replied. "I just had something on my mind..."

"Like what?" Freddie asked, knitting his eyebrows together. He remained holding me, his hands resting on my waist.

I bit my lower lip. I couldn't keep this from him -- no matter how much I tried to hide the truth.

"I was just thinking about..." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "about how stupid it was to break up." I felt the tears start to pour down my face.

Freddie cupped my face with his hands. "I forgive you for that," he mutters under his breath. He leans down and kisses my lips softly, tenderly.

Pulling away, Freddie gives me a sheepish smile. "You know... there is no harm in us trying again." he said.

I looked down and sighed. "I don't know, Freddie..." I replied, my voice trailing off. "We've sort of gone back and forth on that. Who's to say we will succeed this time?"

Freddie kissed me once again, this time with a little bit of force. "I do." He mumbled against my lips. "I think we will. Especially now that yer pregnant." He grins. "I promise to take things slow if ye want me to. I'll devote myself to ye and your kid, even if he isn't mine." He kisses my forehead and looks at me adoringly. "I love you Amelia Parker. I want to make this work."

He squeezes my hand tightly. "So, will you?"

I looked him in the eyes and nodded.

"Yes." I replied, nodding. "I will."

...