46.

"SO, AMELIA," MY mother says, lighting up another cigarette. "What have you been up to these days? Been smoking crack and breaking the law with him?" she motions to Freddie, her jaw is stern.

"She has been with me," Freddie says, his jaw beginning to tighten. His posture becomes tense, but he doesn't let his tone change an octive. It remains polite. "but she isn't breaking the law."

My mother leans back in the beat-up recliner; exhaling cigarette smoke. "Well, she isn't going to school, so what else can she do besides educate herself? Be a little whore and addict."

Freddie laughed, his eyes narrowing at her. I could tell he was going to explode in any moment.

"She isn't a whore," he says calmly. "she's brilliant, actually."

"I know," my mother replies nonchalantly. "but she's also a bit naiive. You have molded her into one of your little prostitutes."

Freddie furrows his eyebrows. "What does my reputation have to do with Amelia?"

"You're nothing but a scum bag." My mother says, scanning at the man sitting adjacent to me. "You don't love her. You just say what every girl wants to hear just so you can hit it and quit it."

"I do love her!" Freddie finally snaps, glaring at my mother who jolted from his sudden outburst. "If I didn't love her, I wouldn't have pulled a loophole just so she can go back to school."

I looked at him wide-eyed. He really did that for me?

He continues. "Before I met your daughter, all I ever gave a shit about was getting my next fix, getting into fights for no reason, fucking every girl that passed me by. She changed that. She changed me, and she still continues to do that.

"Without her, I would be dead or in jail. She isn't a whore, she's far from it. She's beautiful."

Freddie takes my hand in his and entwines our fingers together.

"If I didn't love Amelia," he scoffs. "I wouldn't be here."

He stands up and begins to walk. "Let's go, Am."

I nod; following behind him.

"Wait!" My mother calls out. We both turn our heads to see my mother stand up in the middle of the living room.

"You're a good man, Freddie."

Freddie nods. "Thank you. I'm only a man because your daughter made me into one."

With that, we walk out of her apartment; closing the door behind us.

..

Freddie and I walked into the hotel lobby, walking up the ramp and into the available elevator.

Silence lingered in the air as the double doors slid closed. Occasional glances were met as Freddie pressed the floor number.

I looked down at my hands as I toyed with my thumbs. I was still in shock at what Freddie said to my mother.

I kept my gaze down at the ground until I felt Freddie lift my chin with his fingertips.

He slowly leans down, and I meet him halfway as our lips come in contact with one another.

I feel his tongue lick at my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I sigh into the kiss as I allow his tongue to explore my mouth. I wrap my arms around his neck, Freddie's hands are on my waist as he pulls me close.

The kiss escalates into a heated make-out session, and with that, we stumble out of the elevator.

I feel myself walk backwards as Freddie guides me towards our room; not once did he break the kiss.

He slams the door behind us and suddenly his large hands start to roam my body.

"Oh, Freddie," I breathe, tugging at his hair. Freddie inhales sharply; pressing his body against mine firmly, where I could feel his clothed member press on my stomach.

"I love you." he says. "I love you and I don't ever want to lose ye."

He pushes me gently onto the bed, trailing kisses down my neck. I tug at flannel shirt, where he shrugs it off as well as pulling his white tank-top over his head.

I sit up and begin to pull off my tight tank top and jeans, leaving me in only my bra and panties while Freddie remained in his boxers.

"You're so beautiful."

He cups my face in his hands and swallows his tongue into my mouth; causing me to moan.

"Take me, Freddie." I sigh desperately, my hands roaming from his middle back to his shoulderblades.

Freddie pecks my now bare shoulder and collarbone, laying me down once more as he positions himself since we were already naked.

"Brace yerself Amelia," he says huskily, "because I'm about to blow yer mind."

...