49.

"CAN WE GO?" Freddie asks once Ralph leaves.

"We just got here, Freddie." I say, crossing my arms over my chest. "Just because Ralph touched me doesn't give me a valid reason to leave."

    Freddie shakes his head and sighs. "Fine." he replies bitterly. "I'm going to have a drink."

   "You do that," I reply sarcastically. "Maybe you'll change your attitude."
He shakes his head once again, striding off into the distance. I sigh, not allowing Freddie's attitude take over my time with my crew.

   "So, girls." I say, taking Claire's cigarette as I inhale a drag. "What do you want to do?"

    Bridgette shrugs, taking the cigarette from me as she taps the end to empty out the ashes. "Want to go to Hawks Station? Brian got some booze."

   "Sounds fun." I say, smiling. I could use a bit of cheap booze.

    "Won't your boyfriend mind, though?" Misty asks, chuckling.

   I stiffen my jaw, not putting up with her bullshit. "No. He's cool with it."

   "He sure didn't seem comfortable around us, Am." Mist replies. "And you know what happens at Hawks. We get it going on." she smirks. I knew exactly what she was talking about.

     I follow the clique and take out my phone, sending a text to Freddie just in case he wanted to slip on by.

Going to Hawks Station. It's right around Central Park. See you there.

After clicking SEND, I jog up to my group; letting the pang of nostalgia disperse as the memories of the old days emerge into play.

..

          The cigarette haze and the stench of booze courses through my nostrils the moment I step into Hawkins Station. The clash of beer bottles being thrown to the wall was the typical norm of this place.

    "You ready to party?" Claire asks, handing me a beer. I nod, opening the can with my thumb as I take a swig of the carbonated, alcoholic beverage.

     "Hey Am." a sly voice slurs. I begin to tense up at the sound of it. I knew who it was. It was Ralph.

   "Where's your little boyfriend?" he asks me, snaking an arm around me once again. I roll my eyes, not wanting to deal with him.

    "He's---"

"Right behind you."

    I cock my head to the side and see Freddie standing behind Ralph, an angered expression written on his face. My heart rate begins to accelerate.

    "What are yuh goin' to do, huh?" Ralph asks, smirking. "Are you going to bring your tea party so we can converse about politics and such?"

    "No," Freddie replies, stepping closer. 'but what I will do is this." he takes Ralph by the collar of his leather jacket and pushes him up against the wall. He releases his grip on one hand and pulls it back to swing towards Ralph's broad face.

     One punch in the nose and my old lover began to fall apart.

       Freddie lets go of Ralph once he is laying limp. After a thud occurs from his fall, Freddie turns to me.

     "Let's go."

"Freddie, I--"

     "I said, let's go."

Before I could protest, he grabs my arm tightly; pulling me along with him as we exit out into the obscure alleyway.

...