31.

I AWOKE TO a world full of darkness. My breath hitched at the back of my throat as I sat up from my lain position. I couldn't think, I felt like I was sinking into the depths of Hell.

I tried to stand, but felt my weight being pulled down by the rustling sounds of chains moving against my body. I whined, tears brimming my eyes.

I wanted to cry because I couldn't figure out where I was. I was scared---I am scared.

I couldn't back down; I had to keep fighting.

Just as I was about to make a second attempt to rise, I hear a door creak its way open.

I felt my body saunter back to its previous position. I couldn't move; I could think. I was dying but still managed to stay alive.

The footsteps started coming closer, the chills running quickly down my spine.

"There you are," said a hoarse, English accent. He picked me up by my hair; yanking me to his level. From the dim amount of light, I saw his dark green orbs, how sinister they looked.

"Such a precious thing," he chuckled. "Dameon is going to love you."

"Who's Dameon?" I asked as my voice shook.

"Dameon is your new lover, sweetheart." he breathed, unlocking the shackles on my feet. He pushed me towards the door; the sound of liquor bottles smashing against the concrete ground alerting me of my surroundings.

I was being pushed toward the empty warehouse; a loud cackle ringing through my ears. My skin began to shiver from the cool breeze passing by my thin frame. I didn't know where I was, and quite frankly, I was scared of where I was at.

"Thank you Evan for leading the insect into my lair." another man stated bitterly. "Highmore won't even know she's 'ere." he pulled me by my waist and smirked; his blue eyes carrying a dark look in them.

"Yes, he will save me!" I shouted, feeling small and timid.

Daemon----so I think it's his name---tickled his fingertips underneath my chin.

"Oh sweetheart," he rasped, fake sympathy rolling off his poisoned tongue. "didn't you know? You're just another number."

He let go of me with a loud, menacing laugh; the last thing I heard was the sound of the heavy metal door being slammed.

I was alone.

...

I gave out one final thrust as the woman below me shook. She was obviously satisfied, and the fact I got money for giving her the best shag of her life was well worth the frustrating trip to Liverpool.

"Did I satisfy you to your fullest?" I asked as I hovered over her now fully clothed. She smirked, then handed me ten hundred dollar bills.

"You did good, baby. I'll be keeping you around." she said as she laid back down on her bed; the bedsheets covering her bare chest.

I put the money in my pocket, then headed towards the door. I looked back at the woman, biting my lip.

"Sorry, beautiful," I said, "but I have someone back in Highgate who I can shag whenever the fuck I want."

Without another word, I left.

I got into my car and started the ignition; the vehicle roaring to life. Just as I pulled out of my driveway, I felt my phone vibrate against the cup holder.

Groaning in frustration, I slid the ANSWER icon.

"Hello?"

"Freddie," it was Max on the other line, "are you with Amelia?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, slightly perplexed. "No. Why?"

"Nobody has seen her all day. I figured she was with ye, mate."

I nodded, "She isn't with me, mate." I bit my lip. Something was off.

"Call her and tell me if she answers, Max." I said, taking a sharp turn on the so-called freeway.

"Alright."

With that, the call ended.

...

It took about an hour and thirty-five minutes to arrive back in Highgate. As I was headed towards the warehouse, I began to pass by Cambridge. I pushed onto the brakes and stopped the car, climbing out of it once I spotted Ameila's car with the driver's side door completely open.

"What the bloody Hell. . ." I cursed, letting out an aggressive sigh. I walked over to the vehicle; finding a pistol lying flat on the ground. Picking it up, I pointed the weapon towards a gate and pulled the trigger; the bullet bouncing back from the metal indicated that it was in fact loaded.

I put the gun into my jeans, then continued to search through the vehicle. Finding nothing out of the ordinary, I began to make my way to my car. As I did, I nearly tripped over a cloth. My palms caught my fall.

Looking down, I saw a pair of what looked to be women's underwear. I knew they were Amelia's because she liked wearing plain-colored panties.

It was creepy that I knew this, but I did fuck her after all.

I got back into my car and drove.

"Max?" I spoke into the receiver, making a sharp turn onto the next street.

"Yeah?"

"Get yer shit together," I growled, "there's going to be Hell to pay once I get me 'ands on Dameon."

This bastard was going to pay.

. . .