05.

THE CRISP, COOL AIR HIT me like a ton of bricks as we walked under the evening sky. Freddie kept his face to the ground, fists stuffed into his pockets.

     "You okay?" I asked, suddenly. He looked at me, and smiled.

    "I'm fine," he spoke. "are you?"

   "A bit frightened," I said, "the look in his eye scared me." I began to dwell up with tears again, and that's when I stopped in my tracks and wiped my tears, but the drops of fear kept flowing.

     "Hey, hey," he said, wrapping his much taller frame around me, his hands rubbing my back softly. "Don't be scared, the bastard got what he fucking deserved."

   He pulled my chin to meet his eyes. And that's when they widened in shock.

     "Let's go back to my flat," without warning or gesture, he took my hand in his as we raced towards a run-down apartment complex.

-

      Freddie's apartment wasn't so bad, despite the fact that the paint on the walls started to dry and there were liquor bottles scattered everywhere; indicating that he drank on a regular basis.

     He walked over to me with a small piece of toilet paper, he began to dampen the wound with water and then placed it with a band-aid.

     "There we go," he breathed. throwing away the materials that he used to the floor. "I'm going to change, you can follow me if you'd like."

    I didn't know what to do, but I followed him anyway. Once I walked in, the scent of Cannabis hazed in the room.

     Freddie stood in front of the bed, his back facing me as he lit up another cigarette; the smoke tendrils escaping his lips.

     "I really appreciate it what you did back there," I said. "no one had ever done something like that for me."

   "You're welcome," he said, "he deserved it as I said before."

    "I actually like being around you." I said as I sat on the dresser.

   He nodded, smoking a cigarette as he avoided my gaze.

    "You stay with me, prepare to be hurt." he took a drag from his cigarette as he laid on the bed, shirtless, while looking at me. "Because I don't deal with drama prats like you." 

     "I've suffered enough to know that my heart is made of stone."

    He smirked, flicking the cigarette away as he pulled me towards him; his arms wrapped around my waist.

   "Good," he sucked on my neck. "Because I don't want to see you get hurt by anyone else. If anyone will hurt you it's going to be me, but by the end of the fucking day, babe, it'll just be you and me."

     I nodded, closing my eyes as he continued to kiss my neck, finding my sweet spot.

    All I could think about was the events of tonight, and about what Freddie had just said about him and I; being together.

    "Are you saying we're going out?" I sighed, meeting his hazel eyes.

    "No, you and I will have our lives to live, it's just, we're only going to see each other for needs." he squinted slightly, smiling at the last sentence.

    "Needs?"

   "Yes, needs." he began to hover over me with his mouth opening to kiss mine. "Like for pleasure, comfort, to make others jealous. . ." he sucked on my bottom lip; making me stifle out a moan.

   "Doesn't sound bad." I kissed back, running my hands through his wavy hair.

    He pulled away, his eyes meeting mine once again.

    "I'll only be hurting you for the goodness of my soul, I won't break your heart if I didn't care."

....