Chapter 43

Chapter 43
😌Jordyn's POV😌
Janet walked over to where we were sitting, "Girrrrllll, that outfit on fleek!"
"Thanks Janet!" I smiled.
She sat down and started typing, "So you're still texting that boyfriend of yours?" I smirked.
"Oh my gosh bruh." She sighed.
"So what's his name?" I raised my left eyebrow.
She just sucked her teeth.
"Ha," I laughed. "But for real, ain't your birthday in like 2 weeks?"
"Yeah. What cha gon' give me?" She asked.
"Love and support," I laughed.
"You play too much." She sucked her teeth again.
Michael cleared his throat, "J, can I talk to you for a minute?"
I got up and followed him upstairs.
"I miss you... You know, staying here with me. It was so much fun with you here!" He confessed.
"Well, now you have Brooke," I replied.
"Wait!" He scoffed, "So you're jealous now?" He asked.
I just looked at the wall.
"Why are you so jealous?! Because I'm dating her?! That's why?!" He raised his voice a little higher.
I shrugged my shoulders and continued to look at the wall.
"I really thought you were better than that." He mumbled while walking out. I followed him. We walked back to the kitchen and I grabbed the carryall and walked out. Marlon followed me.
"What happened?" He asked.
I didn't answer, I just opened the door and strapped the carryall in. I got in the front and put on my seatbelt. Marlon got in the car and slowly pulled out of the drive way. Janet texted me...
📱
"What happened?"
"First Michael told me he wanted me to stay there with him again because he said it was fun but then I told him that he already had Brooke and he asked me if I was jealous but I didn't respond."
"Really?"
"Yes really"
📱
Before I knew, Marlon pulled up to the house. We got out and walked in.
"What did he say?" Marlon asked while following me upstairs.
I didn't respond. I closed the door in his face.
He opened the door, "Answer me!"
I walked to the dresser and took off my necklace. I looked back and caught him staring at me. I just stared at him with a blank expression.
"He told me that he wanted me to come stay with him again but he already had Brooke so I don't need to go back. So he asked if I was jealous..."
"That's it?" He blinked.
I turned back around and took off my bracelet.
😊A week before Janet's party😊
Janet and I are shopping to find something to wear tomorrow. Marlon is with Mariah so don't worry.
"I like what you had on that other day. You know, with the red flannel thingy and the shorts." Janet said.
"Well I got the flannel from Macy's and the shorts from Vivo's." I smiled. "So it's a pool party?"
"We're renting a beach house for the weekend." Janet replied.
"Is it big enough?" I asked.
"Positive!" She said.
"Oh, sounds like f-"
Janet cut me off, "Ooh! Let's be twins!"
"Fine with me," I say.
It was a few minutes in awkward silence.
"Messiah," Janet said.
"Huh?" I asked confused.
"His name is Messiah." She looked to the ground.
"Who?" I asked.
"My boyfriend." She looked up to me.
"Ohhh," I said.
We walked in Macy's and looked for the red flannel. We found it on the top rack. I jump to get it and it fell on the floor. Janet picked it up and looked the size. She tried it on and it fit perfectly. We walked to the cashier and checked out.
We went to Vivo's. She walked around for a few minutes then Janet found some bleached shorts similar to mine. She paid for those. I looked to the right and saw some Tupac and emoji socks that I had to get. I picked them off of the rack and checked out.
"Ooooh, I saw these cute bathin' suits at Rue 21 down the street." I said.
I drove us to Rue 21 and we walked to the back. I picked out a black and white bathing suit and Janet picked out a polka dot one. After we finished, we drove back to Hayvenhurst. I greeted Mama K and Joseph as well. We went up to her room and she took her clothes out of the bag.
"I love this outfit so much!" She screamed.
"Mmm," I said.
"What?" She asked.
"That bathin' suit looks a lil... Scandalous." I chuckled.
"Shut up!" She laughed.
"Yo brothers gon' be maaaaaad!" I teased.
"They'll be aight!" She laughed even more.
We spent the rest of the day together. At 8, I left.
😋Friday😋
I dropped Mariah off at my dad's for the weekend.
"Can I trust you?" I asked my dad.
"Yes J! Yes you can," he said.
"Alright," I said unsure.
"J! Just leave!" He laughed.
I kissed her then left.
It was around 6 and everybody were loading their things in the trucks. Most people were already outside ready to go but then a truck pulls up. A tall, lightskin, muscular boy stepped out. I looked back and Janet came darting out of the house. She ran and hugged the boy, I'm guessing is Messiah. She kissed him on his cheek. She walked back inside with him.
"You know who that is?" Marlon asked.
"Mhmm, her boyfriend!" I said.
"Boyfriend?!" He yelled.
"Chill out, she's old enough." I said.
"She's turning 14 tomorrow!" 14!" He yelled.
"And?!" I yelled back.
Everybody split in the trucks. The ride was like 2 hours long. When we got to the beach house, everything was beautiful! We unloaded and took a tour of the house. Everyone was assigned a room. It was now about 9:00 and everything was calm. I walked in Marlon's room and he was brushing his teeth. I waited on his be watching tv. When he came out, he jumped a little.
"You scared me!" He giggled.
"My bad," I said.
He plopped on the bed, "I love this house!"
"Me too. It's so beautiful!" I yawned.
"Uh oh. Someone's tired," Marlon teased.
My phone went off and it was Janet.
📱
"Girlll, that outfit is gawjuss! And thank you for taking me."
"Yaaaas ma! We gon' be killin' em! And no problem."
"Goodnight😴"
"Night."
📱
"Well I'ma let you sleep." I told Marlon.
"Night J," he smiled.
"Night." I left out.
I walked halfway down the hall, almost arriving to my room when I found a familiar bracelet on the ground.
"I think this is for Janet... Yeah, she said Messiah got it for her." I said to myself.
But this smell was coming from it. I held it closer to my nose. It smelled like... Weed.