Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Jordyn's POV

I stared at myself in the mirror. I walked downstairs still thinking about the fact that I could be pregnant. And then it should be Marlon's baby. I felt a little sick and light headed. I just decide to go to the store and get a pregnancy test. I made it to the store and looked on the health aisle. I bought it and left.

"Whatcha got in the bag?" Jeremiah asks.

"Oh just a box of skittles," I nervously laugh. I rushed to the bathroom and closed the door. I read the back and proceeded the test. I waited for about 20 minutes. Most of the minutes, I was scared to pick up the test! I paced back and forth, looking at the test on the edge of the sink. I reluctantly got it off the edge and read the results. "+" is was it read. I lean on the wall as my eyes start to overflow with tears. I'm only 17! This can't be real! No! No! No! My tears get heavier and heavier and my shirt is soaking.

"Are you okay Jordyn? You've been in there over 30 minutes." Jasmine says. She heard I was crying and opened the door, "What's wrong?"

I point to the stick on the floor. "No," she says in disbelief. She helps me to the bed and lays me down.

Jasmine's POV

"Do you want anything? Tea? Soup?" I ask quietly.

"The only thing I want is for this not to be true." She whispers as she lets the tears roll down her cheek. I walk downstairs and see them on the kitchen.

"Um, Kaitlyn? Can I talk to you?" I say.

"Sure." She puts her drink down and walk in the living room, where I was.

"Jordyn's pregnant." I say slowly. She stood there with big eyes and she looked like she was thinking.

"It could be Marlon's, it could not," I respond to her silence with my hands over my mouth.

"I knocked on the bathroom door, asking if she was alright, I heard she was crying so I walked in and she was leaning on the wall bawling her eyes out." I sit down on the couch.

"Hey you guys, our dad is on our way to come get us, so bye." Jacob says. They leave out the door and I lock it behind them.

Jeremiah's POV

That was kind of funny how Jordyn acted when she came from the store. I've seen the scratches and the bruises but I thought it was polite not to ask. I know I just met her and everything but she's my sister. Something's going on and I have to find out.

Jasmine's POV

[Few days later]

Jordyn's been in her room for the past 3 days. I talked to her last night and she said she wants Marlon to know but doesn't wanna tell him. I guess she wants me to tell him. I picked up the house phone and dialed his number.

"Hello... Hey Marlon. Uh, kinda hard for me to say this........ Jordyn's pregnant." After I said that, it was complete silence on the other line.