Chapter 39

Chapter 39

I skimmed the papers once more. At the bottom, she left "I will keep sending this Jordyn. Until you stop ignoring it. I know you." After I read the sentence, Mariah started crying.

I rushed upstairs, "Shhh, Mariah. Shhh," I panicked as I rocked back and forth.

A million thoughts and memories raced through my mind. The sirens, the lights. Mariah finally stopped crying. I placed her in the crib and left out. I attended the papers I left on the counter. I kept skimming through them as I panicked even more. Beads of sweat started to form on my forehead. I put the papers down and covered my face with my hands. I cried silently. "I just... I just can't believe it." I thought to myself. My cries got louder as I sniffed. My phone started ringing but I declined it. A few minutes later, my phone rang again. I declined it once more. I few minutes later, my phone rang again. I looked at the caller ID and it read "Michael". "Oh goddd," My cries got even louder. I got a paper towel and wiped my eyes. I threw it away and sat back down. "I can't believe this is happening. What if Michael finds out?" My head shot up at the last thought. I put the papers back in the envelope. I walked upstairs to my room. I opened the closet and aggressively got the shoebox from the top of the shelf. I threw the envelope in there, put the top back on, and closed the closet door. I ran back downstairs and flopped on the couch. I still couldn't even get over the fact that she would do this. I didn't do ANYTHING to her and she just wants to jump in my business. Mariah started crying again. You've got to be kidding me. I checked her diaper and bingo. She needed to be changed. I changed her and took her downstairs with me. I sat down gently on the couch and flipped through the channels. I stopped on VH1. Love and Hip Hop was on. Yessssss! That would take my mind off of things. I watched the episode silently as Mariah eyes started to get heavy. She eventually closed her eyes. I kissed her forehead then put her in the crib. My phone rang again and it was Michael.

"Hello?" I sniffed.

"Hey J, what's wrong?" He sounded concerned.

"Nothin', just tired." I faked a yawn.

"Well, go to sleep. I was just checking on you. Goodnight." He said.

"Goodnight Michael," I smiled.

And with that, we both hung up.

👉A few months later👈

The boys came back this Saturday. Marlon walked in, "Where is daddy's baby?"

I handed him Mariah and he kissed her forehead.

"I miss you so much," he rocked.

All she did was smiled and laugh.

The brothers and I talked a little. Mainly talking about the tour. They soon left and it was about 5:30. Mariah was sleep.

"Where is Mariah?" Michael flopped on the couch.

"She's sleep." I said.

"She's always sleep," Michael laughed.

"Don't be talkin' about my baby!" I playfully punched his shoulder.

"That's my baby!" He said.

"Whatever you say," I warned then laughed.

Michael went upstairs and ran his water.

👀Michael's POV👀

I needed to get something out of the guest room closet. I opened the door and grabbed the shoebox from off the shelf. When opened it, it was an envelope sitting at the top. Out of curiosity, I opened the envelope and read the first page. "Why would Jordyn do this to me?! I trusted her and she took advantage of it." I was filled with anger. I stormed downstairs and threw the papers in her face.

"Get out of my house," I said with a straight face and pure anger in my eyes.

😁Jordyn's POV😁

All of a sudden, papers where thrown at me.

"Get out of my house Jordyn," His eyes burned straight through me.

"Wait, Michael let me explain." I got up.

"I don't even want to hear anything. You were a drug dealer when you were 15! You don't understand how much I trusted you. I took you in my home. I gave you something when you had nothing. But you go behind my back and keep secrets from me." He said through gritted teeth.

"Let me explain. Please." I put my hands up.

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING JORDYN. JUST GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE." He pointed to the door.

"Alright, there's no point in arguing. I'll just leave." I got my keys off of the key rack in the kitchen, got Mariah and put her in her carryall.

I walked to my car and drove to Marlon's house. I knocked on the door. He answered, "Jordyn what are you doing here?"

"Michael kicked me out." I sniffed.

"Why?" He questioned.

"Can I come in?" I looked down.

He stepped aside and let me in. We sat down at the table and he got me a glass of water.

"I got these record papers showing all of my records and Michael found it..." A tear rolled down my eye.

"And?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I was a drug dealer when I was 15 and I got arrested..."