Chapter 35

Chapter 35

The sun shined through the curtains.

"Are you serious...?" I said out loud.

Some people were outside cutting the grass at 10:30 in the morning. I threw the covers to the side and walked over to Mariah's crib. She looked at me with wide eyes and smiled. I picked her up then walked downstairs. I saw the maid cooking pancakes in the kitchen.

"Hello dear, can you tell Michael his breakfast is ready for me please?" She said in her sweet Spanish accent.

"Okay," I smiled.

I traveled back upstairs. I knocked on his door.

"Come in," he said.

"Good morning, the maid said your breakfast is ready." I sat on the bed. "What ya doin'?" I rocked Mariah.

"Just packin'." He laughed nervously.

"For what?" I asked curiously looking at Mariah.

"Look J," he sat beside me. "I have to go on tour." He looked down.

"Hold up," I put Mariah in her crib and walked back to his room. I looked down. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" My eyes started to burn.

"I-I couldn't." He stuttered.

A tear went down my face, "you know how I feel about you. Y-you know you're my best friend!" I started to let all of the tears flow down my face.

"I know. And I'm sorry." He tried to grab my hand but I jerked away.

"When are you leaving?" I sniffed. "And how long?" I wiped my eyes.

He sighed, "Tomorrow and... 3 months."

I exhaled. I put my hands on my face a cried silently.

He hugged me and rubbed my back.

"Why all of this?! Why now?" I cried harder.

"What do you mean?" Michael questioned.

"My mom... died last night that's why I had to leave."

He sat me on the bed, "Aww J. I'm so sorry."

I saw tear drops on his hand.

I dried my tears, "It's okay, I guess."

Then there was a knock at the door, "Mr. Jackson, I wrapped your breakfast."

I heard the same Spanish accent from earlier.

"Thank you," Michael nodded.

She nodded back then left. I got a text and it was from Jeremiah. He asked if we can meet at Jasmine's house. I told him about 3.

"Michael, would you mind coming with me to Jas' house?" I asked.

"Sure," he half smiled.

It was about 12:30. Michael and I were sitting on the couch. I was thinking about what I was gonna do while he was gone. Soon after, I fell asleep on his chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I ignored it and got off the couch. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was about 2:15. I nudged Michael and he slowly opened his eyes. I chuckled then went upstairs. I looked in my closet for black tank top and my black and gold Foamposites. I laid then on the bed and went to brush my teeth again. After I finished, I got dressed, combed my hair, and put on some perfume. I looked at myself in the body mirror against the wall. I'm really proud of myself; after everything that just happened, I'm still smiling. Michael walking in with a light blue button down, black slacks, and some loafers.