Chapter 48

Third-person POV

December 24th...

It had only been 4 days since the ordeal that went down after that skating rink. Laura avoided everyone at all costs, Harry drowned himself in work and his Taylor to keep his mind off what happened. He didn't say anything to anyone yet and wanted to keep it that way but of course, Sarah, being the instigator she is knew something was up.

"So you and Laura have been weird ever since the skating rink...wanna explain?"

She huffs eyeing Harry suspiciously. Harry was currently signing some discharge papers for some patients.

"Sarah I'm really not in the mood and its none of your business."

He snaps as Sarah squints her eyes in annoyance.

"Well you realize tonight is your mothers Christmas party"

She starts and Harry really wanted nothing but for her to shut up.

"She kissed me"

He spills avoiding eye contact with Sarah. She stood in shock, silently observing Harry's face.

"and I don't want to talk about it because It's been eating me alive"

He sighs.

"What about tonight?"

She asked and Harry finally looked at her.

"I don't know Sarah, but what I do know is that I will be spending it mainly with my beautiful Fiance"

He snapped walking away from Sarah. She watched him stormed off and sighed. She pulled out her phone and dialed Laura.

...

Meanwhile, Laura was currently camping out in the back of the cafe distracting herself by conversing with Louis.

"So what are your plans for Christmas eve?"

Louis asked while plating a dish. The cafe was open for the morning only today so Everyone had to work until noon. Surprisingly it was pretty busy for Christmas eve but Laura figured it was people like her who had no plans.

"Um I'm going to a small Christmas party tonight at Harry's mother's place"

She mumbles leaning against the counter watching Louis.

"Oh yeah? hows the lad haven't seen him in a while."

He asked and Laura ponders for a moment feeling the tingling on her lips from that night. She was still embarrassed over it all.

"He-He is well"

She stutters grabbing Louis's attention.

"so he's the reason you've been acting up the past few days?"

He snorted Handing her the plate of food to deliver to the table. She looks at him shocked and takes the plate.

"N-no..."

Laura lies walking away from the room. She huffed placing the food on her customer's table.

"Here you are let me know if you need anything else"

She smiled making her way over to Liam.

"Hey, Bambi Sarah has been calling you for the past 5 minutes I would answer this time"

He says giving her a smile. Laura groans taking the phone and placing it over her ears.

"Hello?"