Chapter 49

Laura's POV

December 26th...

I stare at the small box which was wrapped in Christmas themed wrapping paper. I didn't know what it was and I was too scared to open it. I was unwrapping the gifts from the party and most of them were expensive bottles of wine or gift cards to a fancy restaurant.   

I finally landed on Harry's gift and I felt very unsure. I regret giving him my handwritten letter, I felt pathetic and stupid. He probably thought I was too clingy and obsessed. 

"Ugh"

I groan falling back onto my bed covering my eyes with my arm. I was wearing my polar bear fuzzy pajamas along with my red and green fuzzy socks. Sarah dropped off the gifts this morning and offered to stay and talk, but I wanted to be alone. She had been called into work anyway and I had my monthly checkup with her, So we could talk then.

I gulp the rest of my eggnog down before unraveling the wrapping paper. I sigh as a black box is revealed. 

"Here goes nothing"

I whisper before opening it slowly. I gasp as I see two familiar items I've been so desperate to find.  

Flashback...

"Wher- where is my Ring? And-d my necklace?"

I stutter PLacing my hand on my neck feeling nothing but my bare skin.

It was the second day since I woke up and I noticed when I was picking at my nails, the lack of the silver rose that used to be placed on my right ring finger. Sarah looked at me worriedly as I continue to panic and feel the burning pain rush to my chest. 

"I don't know Laura I've looked everywhere and I didn't find anything."

Sarah says placing a hand on mine. 

"That was the only thing I had to remember Harry, I must have just misplaced it before i went into a coma"

I fret and Sarah sighs. 

"I'm sorry Laura... I think they're gone"

I let the tears fall as I place the ring back on my finger and admire the starfish necklace. A small note falls out of the box and i go to place the Necklace on. I felt like myself again and unfolded the note, noticing Harry's neat handwriting. 

Merry Christmas Laura, 

I took these before I left and I'm sorry. It was the only piece of you I could take with me. I took good care of them, I'll forever remember the day you walked into my life and changed it.  For that I thank you, I wish you the best and hope you won't continue to be upset with me. 

You're so dear to me and i never want to lose you again. I know things between us aren't the same but you were my friend before all this and I miss you. 

Please think about it...

With love,

Harry Styles

"Harry"

I whimper holding the note to my chest. I wipe the tears that were falling effortlessly down my face. This note really relieved a lot of doubts I was having. I sighed and observed the ring on my finger, smiling brightly. 

I wanted nothing but to be friends like we used to. I was fine with that.

Or was I?

...