Chapter 47

Laura's POV

December 20th...

"Come onnnnn it will be fun. You've been cooped up at home for the past couple of days."

Sarah whines as I try and clean up the cafe with the boys.

"I have never skated before, I'd really rather not break a bone today."

I reply meaning it sincerely.

"I will drag you there myself"

Sarah laughs and I manage a small smile.

She was trying to get me to go ice skating with her and Liam. I wanted to go don't get me wrong its just third-wheeling and something I haven't done before doesn't sound like fun.

"Please just think about it"

Sarah says and I look at her now serious face.

"Okay"

...

When I got home I immediately crash on the couch feeling relief. I think about Sarah's offer and regret making it seem like I didn't want to go. I did want to go and I should really do things that I've never tried before because I'm an adult, and I spent most of my life cooped up in my work.

I pull my phone out dialing Sarah's number.

"Hello?"

her voice plays out.

"I'll go"

I say already feeling Sarah's smile grow through the phone.

"YAY! trust me it will be great! ill pick you up in 20?"

She screams excitedly. I giggle into the phone getting up to get ready.

"Yeah ill see you then"

I open my closet, looking over every article of clothing. I pick up a black pair of leggings that were particularly thick. I also grab a deep maroon turtle neck. Today was considerably cold so I added a large black trench coat. I make my way into the bathroom undressing myself.

The air was cool in my apartment, so I rush to put my outfit on. everything fits perfectly making me feel somewhat better. I grab a pair of pink fuzzy socks and my favorite pair of doc Martens.

I sigh in relief as I feel warm and cozy.

I hear someone knocking on my front door, I rush to grab my phone and wallet and I made my way out opening the door to meet eyes with a very excited Sarah.

"I know I'm early but I couldn't help it."

She laughed and I smiled grabbing her apartment keys from the bowl.

"I'm ready anyway don't worry."

I say locking the door walking with her to her jeep. I see Liam's outline on the driver's side.

I place myself in the backseat.

"Hi Liam"

I smile and He looks back at me winking.

"Looking good Laura, Your gonna kick ass at ice skating"

He teased and Sarah shoves him.

"you ready?"

He asked and I nod my head.

"Ready as ill ever be"

...

When we made it it was already pretty late and dead but I kind of preferred it that way.

"Um so I forgot to mention this but I might have invited Harry and I don't know if he's coming or not."