Chapter 77

Laura's POV 

Two weeks later...

It was just one of those days where Harry and I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. The last few days have been tense, stressful, depressing. We never fought but things haven't been working out in ways we want them to.

Harry has been working very late nights and so have I. We still managed to see each other but very little. By the time he gets home I'm either asleep or not in the mood to do anything with him.

Things also have been stressful due to the continuous loss of patients recently. Unfortunately, they really take a toll on Harry.

Today was special though because it was our four-month anniversary. Maybe it was from everything going on but Harry seemed to have forgotten.

When I woke up he was already up, taking a shower.

I wasn't too happy today because the night before I came home to a very drunk Harry. Not only did I just come from closing the cafe but now I had to take care of him. He didn't tend to drink too much but he lost 4 patients in one day.

He wasn't a happy drunk either... he was mean and cruel.

"Can't you just come to bed Harry? You've had way too much to drink."

I snap as he takes a chug from the bottle of whiskey.

"Just go to bed Laura I don't want to see you."

He spoke finally glaring down at the counter as a pang filled my chest. I haven't seen him this angry since the time he told me he didn't love me.

"I can't go to bed knowing your drinking your life away"

I state crossing my arms. I walk over trying to take the bottle from him.

"GOD DAMN IT LAURA GO TO BED! I DONT NEED YOU NAGGING IN MY EAR ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IS WRONG. NOW LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!"

He had never raised his voice like this and I was genuinely scared. It reminded me of when my mother used to scream at me. I never liked it when people yelled not matter the situation.

Tears pool my eyes as he doesn't even look like he felt bad for hurting me. I run into the bedroom wiping the tears furiously as my heart breaks.

The rest of the night I stay in bed waiting for him to join. He didn't come to bed until late. Even then he stayed on his side facing away from me.

I sigh as I enter the kitchen, noticing the now very empty bottle of alcohol opened on the counter. I roll my eyes and throw it in the bin. I open the fridge looking for something to eat but there wasn't much considering we have both been busy. If there was anything it was old.

I sigh realizing I needed to go to the store and I really debated leaving so I wouldn't have to face Harry.

But of course, the universe wasn't in my favor as He entered the kitchen with wet curls and nothing but boxers on.

He didn't even greet me good-morning as he opens the medicine cabinet taking a few aspirin out. He was probably hungover from last night and I wouldn't even be surprised if he was still drunk. He was drinking until 3 am.

I quietly sit in the corner sipping at my water as he opens the fridge. I grow nervous as he slams it shut a few seconds later.

"Why the fuck do we not have any food?"

He angrily asked and I never expected this attitude from him.

"I don't know Harry... I'm going to the store so just make a list of what you want and I'll get it."