Chapter 75

Laura's POV

3 months later... 

It had been 3 months, tonight was the night... it was our opening night of the cafe again and I couldn't even be more proud. We've come a long way since Eleanor's death. It was a very long and tiring process but nonetheless we managed to get all the permits and qualifications to run this place.

Louis created an entirely new menu with some of the old classics, Niall did the same with the drink menu.

Liam and I hired a few more people after everyone left to go do their own thing. It was sad but unfortunately, not everyone will stay.

Harry and I's relationship was better than ever. We managed to work out our schedules and still hang out on a regular basis. We both deeply cared for each other and respected each other's work schedule. I was a bit worried about the hours to come because now that the cafe was opening again I feel like seeing him might decrease even more.

I felt confident that we will get through it though.

On the other hand back to that night where Anne had her business party, the next morning Gemma cane to me to apologize. She realized how cruel she was and explained she was only worried for her brother. Coming from a very rich and wealthy family many girls just wanted him for that factor so she had always been cautious of anyone who came into his life. She also said her relationship with Taylor got the best of her as she felt bad.

Which I completely understand, I get it She's only looking out for Harry but ever since then, we've been bonding every chance I get. It definitely put the weight off my shoulders because having someone from Harry's family hate me, really made me upset.

I could never let Harry be mad at her like that ever again.

Sarah is completely thriving as a surgeon, growing more and more popular the more groundbreaking cases she gets. Harry, of course, has been helping her out, one of the many benefits of his power is many patients request his help.

"Do you have any more placemats in the back?"

I hear Angela ask-one of the new waitresses- I look over at her zoning out.

"Uh yes, below the towels."

I say blushing in embarrassment as the final perfections were being made for the opening night. I was super nervous about it and really hoped people showed up.

I had connected with a few people I met at Anne's party and really got most of the expensive kitchenware, tables, decor, etc. from them. We got a discount and truly I never felt such support.

I wouldn't be here without Anne's help or Harry's. I felt like my life was finally changing. I was finally getting the life I wanted.

"Nervous Bambi?"

I hear Liam ask in amusement as I play with the various menus that came in last minute.

"I'm horrified"

I admit looking at him. His face changed from amused to sympathetic.

"It's gonna be great Laura... we planned and planned months for this night."

He tries to reassure me, and I was thankful for it. All I needed tonight was support.

Sarah and Liam have been thriving as a couple as well, recently they've been fighting though. Sarah spends a lot more time at the hospital and Liam missed her. It's just one of those things I guess, I was really trying to be there for both of them. I would hate for their relationship to end.