Chapter 4

After some time I have calmed down slightly, Dr. Styles was explaining to me best he could about my condition; while holding my shaking hands trying to comfort me. He explained that I have Stage 3 heart failure and that I will need to start medication immediately. 

Harry went over all my options but it was all too much for me to understand, I was lost and desperately needed someone there for me for support but I had no one. 

My mother died a couple of years ago, she had overdosed on heroin. My father was never really in my life, he died when I was 7 from being at the wrong place at the wrong time. My mother always told me he died in prison from a gang fight so I couldn't really tell you to be honest...

 I didn't have any siblings and I've never really had friends because I had a hard time fitting in. The closest thing I had to anyone was my boss Eleanor but I haven't even seen her since the accident. 

The pressure of being alone was killing me I wanted to just crawl into a hole and disappear. as if it could get any worse Harry asked me the dreaded question

"Do you have anyone we can call? these can be some hard times for someone as young as you." 

I look at him with the most pained look, feeling myself start to break down for what feels like the thousandth time since I've arrived here. 

"No i-i'm all alone." 

I stutter with my lip trembling but the tears started to fall rapidly. They look at me with such despair and Harry scoots closer to me, embracing me in a comforting hug stroking the back of my head gently. 

"You're never alone, you'll have me and Sarah by your side from now on don't worry about anything I promise I'll do my best to help you," 

he whispered so sweetly into my ear. I felt so comforted at that moment I hug him back so tight as I cry with happy and sad tears.  

Harry's POV:

   I had no idea what came over me but I meant every single word. My heart broke hearing her cry because she felt alone. 

She was so enthralling to me, she seemed so fragile and delicate. I have a strange urge to protect her. I held her as she cried, she squeezed me tightly and I rubbed the back of her head knowing from experience it calms almost everyone. Once she calmed down slightly I pulled back and she wiped her tears.

 her cheeks were bright red and she wouldn't look at me in the eyes. I look over at Sarah and she gave me a sympathetic look I point to the water tank and she immediately goes over while I reach for the tissues on her bedside table.

I hand them to her and she grabbed a few wiping her eyes and nose. Sarah came back over with the water and handed it to me I then hand it to Laura. she took it with her trembling hands and said a quiet thank you. I get up and walk over to the table with Laura's Chart and start to write the list of medications we'll start to give her. Sarah walked over to me and looked over the list.

"will you give her these and will see how it goes after." 

I asked Sarah she nodded and headed out to fetch the medication. I look over at Laura and see shes almost half asleep. 

"Tired?" I smiled 

she looks at me and smiled back 

"after finding out I have stage three heart failure I'm more than tired." 

She joked I put my hand on top of her's and give her a sympathetic look 

"rest a little, you've had a stressful day" 

I said softly stroking my thumb across the back of her palm. Her face turns even redder but she closed her eyes and fell backward. I walk over to the light switch and flip it off, leaving just a small lamp on. I then turn on a classical music station on the T.V. but on a low setting. I walked over to the chair beside Laura's bed and pull out some paperwork I needed to finish. 

I'll stay by her while she sleeps...