Chapter 5

Harry's POV:

45 minutes go by and I manage to finish filling out a quarter of my paperwork. Sarah walked in a couple of minutes ago with Laura's medication she was currently putting them into her I.V. bag. Sarah's pager starts to go off making Laura stir, slowly opening her eyes. Sarah rushes to turn it off even though she woke her up already.

"Shit! sorry" 

She whispered.  She then looks over to me panicked,

"I got to go can you finish this?" 

she asked and I nodded. She then rushed out of the room and I get up and move over to the I.V. bag filling the rest with the leftover medicine. I could feel Laura's eyes on me. I look down at her as she gives me a nervous look.

"What are you putting in there?" 

  She asked curiously, I hang her bag back up and move my way next to her sitting on a stool 

"medication" 

I tease and she lets out the cutest smile. 

"what does it do?" 

she asked with the most innocent look 

"well I gave you some doses of eplerenone and metoprolol, The eplerenone will treat your high blood pressure and help treat your heart failure as well as the metoprolol. it should also help with your chest pains" 

I explain as she silently listens, she gently sighs and looks away furrowing her brows. 

"what's wrong?" 

I ask softly knowing she was feeling uneasy

" I just feel so lost, I don't understand anything about what's going on"  

she said with her lips trembling. 

"I know but like I said Sarah and I are here and we know more about this than anyone... I don't want you to feel lost or alone I want to heal you and make you happier." 

shocking myself by the very sudden confession but I meant every word. I don't ever want one of my patients or anyone for the matter to feel alone. Laura seemed shocked by my words because her mouth was slightly open as she lets in a gasp of air. Her eyes never leaving mine but the moment was ruined by Sarah bursting through the door yelling like a crazed woman

"Wow you should've seen the ER  there were so many limbs and broken bones it was amaz-... oh"

she cuts off as I give her the dirtiest look by butting in at the worst possible moment. Laura suddenly bursts into laughter. Sarah blushed as Laura continued to laugh so hard tears came out of her eyes. at that moment I felt such joy that she was laughing that Sarah and I start to laugh along with her. 

Laura's POV:

After I calmed down from the laughing fit from Sarah I felt so much better not only from laughing finally for what feels like months but also from the sweet words Dr. Styles had said to me. I felt myself blush because I couldn't help but feel a liking towards him. he's been the kindest person I've met in awhile not to mention he is very pleasing to look at with his sharp yet subtle eyes which had the deepest color of forest green but when he smiles they are the brightest.

  Dr. Styles got up and made his way over to his paperwork again and Sarah had moved to the other side of my bed sitting down. We spent the rest of the afternoon talking to each other about anything and everything and I felt so much closer to each of them. They told me about how they began to get into the medical field and how they were both so intrigued with cardiovascular surgery. I tried my best to talk about my life without sounding too boring but I really didn't have an exciting life but they were nice enough to sit and listen no matter what. making me feel like I was somebody for once, and it was a great feeling.