Chapter 43

Laura's POV

"he's still outside"

Sarah's voice plays out as I come out of my thoughts. I blow my nose from the consistent crying that has been going on for 30 minutes. part of me wanted to never see him again but the other part of me wanted to remain neutral. Because at the end of the day, Harry and I were never 'official', I was never his girlfriend and i couldn't blame him for finding someone else. I left out a deep breath and checked myself through the bathroom mirror. My eyes were still slightly red along with my cheeks.

"I'm okay"

I try and tell myself. Sarah watched me attentively as I straighten my clothes and hair.

"I'm ready"

I say and Sarah furrows her brow.

"Are you sure?"

She asks and I nod my head.

we're just friends, we're just friends, we're just friends.

I ramble in my head as I reach for the door handle. As I pull it open I look over towards the chairs outside, seeing Harry's figure hunched over. He shoots his head up quickly after hearing the door open and we meet eyes again.

I let in a deep breath as he gets up. The wild emotions from earlier creep up on me.

"H-hi"

I stutter scolding myself for sounding so pathetic. He stands in front of me awkwardly as we don't know what to do.

"Hi"

He replies back eyeing me up and down. I feel my face heat up and I look over to Sarah who gave me a look of encouragement.

"I'm sorry for my outburst, I just didn't expect to see you."

I manage to apologize without stuttering and Harry stares into my eyes. I tried staying calm but when he looks at me like this I feel my whole body melt.

"Don't apologize, I'm glad you're alright."

He whispers and I grip my arm feeling embarrassed. An awkward silence fills the hallway as we don't exactly know what to say to each other. I go to open my mouth but my phone starts to ring loudly through the speakers.

I look at the caller I.D. Seeing it was Liam and I panic realizing I was supposed to be back at the cafe by now.

"Hello?"

I say and I hear loud talking and noises play through the background.

"Hey, are you coming back to the cafe? It got so busy we need all hands on deck"

I gasped looking at the time seeing I have been gone for an hour and a half.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry I lost track of time, something came up. I'll be there as soon as I can."

I ramble and Liam Laughs.

"Laura don't worry, I'm not mad I was just worried something happened."

He says making my chest filled with warmth. Liam-even though I have already gotten a new heart- has worried about me constantly.

"Oh yeah I'm alright, it's just something came up but ill be back in like 15 minutes?"

I say looking up at Harry's curious eyes.

"Alright well no need to rush, I was just checking in. I'll see you soon."

Liam says as I hear Niall shouting something. He hangs the phone up before I could reply. As i place my phone up I see Sarah eyeing me.