Chapter 19

Laura's POV

"I'll be back this time"

Harry said while smiling at me and with that he left. I hovered over my lips, Did that really just happen? I ask myself screaming internally. I still felt his lips kissing me. I couldn't help but let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and Sarah laughed.

"well you sure have been busy"

she said with a smile and I blush even more. She then sits next to me giving me a curious look. 

"spill"

she said with excitement in her voice. 

I look down smiling my heart beating quicker thinking about it again.

"We... might have made out......"

I say quickly and Sarah gasps loudly

"MADE OUT?!"

she screamed and I rush to shut her mouth not knowing who is around to hear her. I sigh in relief and she moved away from my hands. 

"Alright, you can tell me all about it while we do your tests."

she giggled while helping me out of bed into a wheelchair. 

As we make our way through the hospital I tell Sarah all about what happened to start from the grocery store. She was shocked that we were both there at the same moment. I agreed not knowing how the universe aligned itself to make that happen. 

When we finished up my tests Sarah brought me back to my room and we talked a little more I asked her to call Eleanor to let her know what was happening and why I probably won't make it to any of my shifts for the next couple days or so. 

She was worried as ever and Sarah let her know I was okay. After that Sarah left to go get the results of my tests and when she came back Harry was with her. I smiled at them both feeling really happy but Harry and Sarah's demeanor had drastically changed. 

Their faces were firm and their eyes weren't as bright and happy. I Knew they were trying to hide it but the atmosphere was very tense and they walked over. 

Harry stood next to me holding my chart and Sarah was next to him. they were staring at me intently and they gave me a small smile.

"what's wrong"

I ask feeling my throat go dry 

Harry sets my chart down and sits next to me so he could come down to my level. 

"So we got your test results back and they are showing that you are starting to go into the 4th and final stage of CHF" 

He says in a serious tone and my throat contracts as I feel the panic set in.

"Now I have moved you up the list for a heart transplant but we never know when that could be"

He adds and I feel my world start to collapse and I look at him with my heart falling apart he gives me a look of pain as he reached out to me. 

"Hey shhh its okay love"

He says voice shaking as he pulls me towards him I immediately wrap my arms around him tightly. I hold my tears back but my whole body is trembling. He's rubbing my back and Sarah is too. I place my head in between Harry's neck and shoulder. 

 "I'm scared"

I whimper and Harry grips my waist leaning his head towards mine. 

"Sarah and I will be here for you no matter what and you will get through this love"

He breathed and I look at Sarah she was holding tears back as well and I grab her hand. She grips it tightly and gives me a smile wording 

"I love you so much"

and the words finally hit me hard and I just start sobbing. I grip her hand and Harry's back. They stay with me as they used too. 

After I calmed down they gave me tissues and wiped my face. 

We were just sitting and talking when a nurse came in.

"Laura? you have some visitors"

she said and I was confused for a second before three familiar heads pop in and I smile even though my heart was hurting. 

"ello Love we heard you had a little mishap brought ye some leftovers"

Niall said in his strong Irish accent. Liam and Louis were beside him smiling at me and i felt my heart fill with joy as they came over and hugged me. I knew we were all friends at work but I never thought they cared this much about me. 

I introduced them to Harry since they have already met Sarah and they all shook hands. After Harry explained to them what was going on with me. Harry and Sarah then left the room to give us some privacy to talk but before Harry left he smiled at me and winked making me blush.

"Why didn't you tell us about all this?"

Louis asked with a worried look. I looked away avoiding their gazes 

"I didn't want to worry or bother anyone"

I admit finally meeting their eyes and they all gave me a sympathetic look

"You're not bothering anyone, we're your friends we want to help you in any way we can"

Liam said confidently placing his hand on my shoulder 

"Yeah, we're here for you!"

Niall shouted excitedly and I find myself crying all over again. I hid my face and they all crowd around me gently hugging me and rubbing my back.

"I love you guys"

I whimper and they all Laugh and tease me while they kiss my forehead in appreciation. The rest of the night we talk and talk about my CHF and about my worry's and fears and they listened intently giving me reassurance whenever I needed it. 

We ended up talking until it was time for visitors to leave we all said our goodbyes and I promised to keep them updated. 

I was getting ready to go to bed when Harry walked in. He was alone and he looked tired. 

As he walked over to me he gave me his signature smile.

"hey" 

I say quietly looking at his defined jaw and messy curly hair. 

"hi"

he said grinning cutely 

"you look tired"

I say as he sighs and sits down next to me holding his head in his hands. 

"that's an understatement"

he smirked ruffling his hair and I felt my hand move before thinking clearly. My hand lands in his hair and I comb my fingers through his soft curls. He sighs in relief, closing his eyes as I slightly scratch his scalp. I then pull back after a while feeling my face heat up. 

He looks at my face for a while before sighing

"We really must stay subtle about this but I can't contain it any more your so enthralling to me." 

He says looking deep into my eyes and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He then took my hand and kissed my knuckles. 

"I should let you get some sleep ill be back in the morning" 

He said and I pulled him towards me having a surge of confidence. I kissed his cheek softly giving him a fond smile when we pull away.

"Goodnight Dr. Styles"

I say and he gives me a smile 

"well goodnight to you too Miss Rose"

He starts to walk towards the door. Before he leaves he shuts the lights off, leaving me to my thoughts in the darkness.