Chapter 10

Two weeks later...

Laura's POV:

  It has been two weeks and I now have a cardioverter-defibrillator stuck in my chest. The procedure went well and everything has been much easier now. My breathing was much better and I felt more energetic. I could finally do more things. I still have to be careful but the cardioverter-defibrillator has really changed my health for the better. 

Harry and Sarah were very happy that I was doing better. They visit me every day and tell me that my heart rate sounds 10 times better than it did a week ago. I can finally move around more and I've walked around my hospital room a couple of times, although I still get out of breath very easily. That might be due to the fact that I've been laying in a bed for more than a month. 

Harry even said I might be able to leave and go back home in a week if I pass a couple more tests on my heart. Then it dawned on me that I would have to go back to my everyday life which wasn't horrible but very lonely and depressing. I have a job at a small local cafe it's decent but I am by myself most of the time so I don't have much money for me mainly all goes to bills.

I don't have any friends so I spend all my time by myself the only social interactions I get would be at work and even then I'm so awkward that I can't keep a conversation for long. 

I also really didn't wanna leave the hospital because I would have to leave Harry and Sarah. They kept me going and I really enjoy their company. Sarah has been the sister I always wanted She is kind and funny and never fails to cheer me up with her god awful dancing and singing.

And Harry... well I honestly can't contain my feelings anymore. He makes me feel like I am somebody. But I could never get the courage to tell him how I feel.  

Sarah had talked to me about this and she feels very bad. She told me to just tell him if I wanted she told me to have courage but I knew she was just trying to cheer me up.

It has been a little awkward between me and Harry lately because I've been trying to avoid him cause I knew I would blush or breathe really hard and he usually notices and thinks I'm about to collapse but in reality, it's because of him. 

  I've never met anyone as gentle as Harry Normally the boys I have met never pay attention to me or make fun of me because I'm quiet or awkward. But Harry doesn't care, he usually talks most of our conversation knowing I don't really like to talk and he also doesn't make me feel pathetic whenever I'm being awkward he usually diffuses it instantly. He's a funny smart outgoing person and I've never felt such love for someone I've only known for not even a month. 

The thing is I know he doesn't feel the same... but I can't stop myself from loving him more each and every day.